1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TARGETS IN-NO REVIEW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 72, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72

72 TS Member

Ive had over 1000 targets of each in for at least 3 weeks, and still no review.i am sure the A.T.A. took my money. :(

2. BMC

BMC Member

Don't sweat it 72, I blew past 1,000 targets about six months ago and never heard a peep. This was my first ATA year. I think I had about 5,500 for the eight months of the year I shot, no review. I doubt anything would change anyways.

3. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

It took them 6 1/2 weeks after I shot mine to get a review. July 15th until August 29th. Ron.

4. 72

72 TS Member

I did , no code . one of girls at the A.T.A. office said no reviews till after missouri.is the whole A.T.A. office on shut down till after missouri? don't get it.maybe in with the U.A.W.,WHO KNOWS ! maybe i can use that known ability clause.

5. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

First, just because you shot the 1000 targets the ATA may not yet know about it. It depends upon how prompt the clubs are that are forwarding scores.

Second, the 1000 target review is not triggered by you reaching 1000 targets since your last review or punch. It's triggered on a specific date and then ALL shooters with AT LEAST 1000 targets since last review or punch get reviewed at the same time, BY COMPUTER.

Third, YOU know which are the first 1000 targets since last action, but the ATA gets them in random order from the clubs. Sometimes there is no action on them due to other priorities, like the Grand, and the shoot reports pile up on a stack in a corner of the office, or something. Then they are processed and the person doing the data entry is not going to pull from the bottom of the stack so that the scores are processed in order.

I shot my 25 thousandth handicap target at Elysburg at last year's Westy Hogans shoot, but the certificate says that I shot it at another club on a later date. Some other club where I shot before the Westy Hogans sent their report in later than Bob Stuart sent his report AND later than the club I shot at on the later date.

6. 72

72 TS Member

Whatever i shoot the big shoots,shot the grand.i spend my money on the options not like most of you. and you all know not everyone is talanted enough to stand on the 27, thats why its called handicap.look at the big shoots where we haved played the money and brook a 89 . not all of us are able to shoot 1000 targets a week like the big dogs.

do you get it yet !!

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rob , is that you ???????

8. robm11

robm11 TS Member

NO uncle Jeffey, I re- counted only 900, woops!!!! but i took your advise Ill do what you suggested.. Rob

9. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

There is nothing embarrassing about a reduction. It makes a lot of sense. Embarrassing is shooting 60's and 70's from the 27.

10. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Jim Brown - Although I respect most of your posting. I feel you are making excuses for the ATA. For whatever reasons they do no seem to get a good computor program together. There is, for my opinion, no excuse for same. Scores are not posted within a timely fashion. And do not blame it on the clubs. If a clus is late they are assessed a late charge, through the state association. The state association is not the fault. The fault lies with the system we have in place. The staff at the ATA does the very best they can, but alas, they cannot do a creditable job given the tools they have.

We need the ATA EC to step forware and assist in the implanation of a up to date computer system. Nothing more and nothing less. Hopefull Mr. Winston (who I have a great deal of espect for) will be able to convince his colleagues to step up to the plate.

11. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Jim Elliot, is English your second language? If so, you do well- if not, go back to grammar school.

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Why do we have so many spelling nazi's in this forum....Can't bust his balls for anything else? Just my two cents.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Jim Elliott
    I do not know where you got your information, but for a fact there is no penalty for sending scores in "late". the only time scores are considered late is when we are at the end of the year and the ATA is looking for scores that should have been sent in in May. And when you find those results and send them in - guess what?? no penalty. You need to find a different argument.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

HaveGun- When did the ATA change the policy of assessing clubs a penalty of $25 for not reporting the scores within 10 days? I missed this change.

The ATA computer system is not too bad. The problem is data input into the system and clubs canceling a shoot and not informing the ATA. The ATA is waiting on these scores from canceled shoots.

Pat Ireland

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

BMC, if you will send me an email I'll check on your problem.

Neil

16. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

The OSTA (Ohio) levies a $25 penalty if the registered scores and accompanying forms are not postmarked within 8 days of the registered shoot.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

17. zinger

zinger Member

I have to wonder about people who are worried about not getting a review so quickly? Did you get punched to a yardage you aren't competitive on? Do you want to get a reduction so you can shoot with your friends? Or, are you planning on going to a big $$ shoot? Usually, there's a reason behind a request for review so quickly after shooting a 1000 targets. Personally, I couldn't tell you how many targets I've shot...I just shoot for the sheer enjoyment of shooting. I am curious though...

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Zinger, we can tell from your questions that you're wondering. Question is, what are you thinking? :) Review managers never allow themselves beyond the 26-1/2, no friends beyond that mark maybe? Y? I dunno. Hap

19. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

I don't have a dog in this fight (I guess that analagogy is not PC these days)and generally don't gripe alot.....but I think the issues here for the ATA membership is a "sense" that the organization is complacent with the funtion.

Posting scores and responding to the membership is "filler work" for them. The real work is invisible to us so we feel ignored as if our participation is just making more work for them.

I sent in my 2008 membership and check 8/07 the check cleared 9/14. I have no card yet and the shooter info. page has not been updated. I shot 1300 targets over Labor Day at the Western Grand, not only are they not posted, there is no place on the ATA website showing the shoot results.

Tell me.........just what is the "more important work" the employees are engaged with that keeps them from performing the most basic funtions....the functions the WE the paying membership are asking for???

If the "system" is at fault.....well, shame on you...if I have mis-understood the function and pupose of the the staff, well shame on you too, for not informing me.

20. 72

72 TS Member

Isn't this fun ! what can i stir in the pot tomorrow ?

by the way,don't you guys have anything else to do ? Mr. Ireland i think your on every thread on this site.can i have your job? hope your retired.

All is well,ill still be standing in front of you after october!! BIIACHES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.