1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Targets for next year?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rich G, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich G

Rich G TS Member

Will New York, Penn, or Ohio be accepting targets shot from now till Nov 1st. On the 2009 target requirement. If anyone knows. Would be nice to advertize this on shoots in Sept and Oct. Thanks
    Rich Green

2. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

what is cut off for 2008 season anyway?? 08/09 will run how??

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Cutoff for 2008 season is Oct 31st--next year 2009 it will be August 31st and go back to the way it should of stayed.

Trap-4

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

The ATA has stated that targets shot between 9-1 and the end of the new target year, 11-1, will count towards next years Grand requirements. However, the individual states must make their own ruling if they are to count or not.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Not that you asked, but Delaware will adjust our target requirements for our '09 state shoot. Our requirements aren't that high anyhow.

Curt

6. Rich G

Rich G TS Member

It appears PSSA will adjust target requirements also. Can't seen to reach anyone who knows about NY and Ohio. Thanks guys.
    Rich Green

7. gary0920

gary0920 Member

If someone joins the ATA this September, will they have to renew again in November and again in September of 2009? That's $60 bucks to the ATA in 12 months. Not much incentive to hook new shooters.

8. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Ohio is working on a plan for our 2009 State Shoot similar to what the ATA is going to use for the 2009 Grand. Many of our Directors will be together this weekend at Jaqua's and I hope to have something to report to you all by Tuesday. If you have suggestions I will gladly present to them to the "Boss Man".

Don

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I believe Bob's program can be modified to classify shooters on part of the previous years targets and the current years targets. I am not sure if the other classification programs can be modified to do this. It might become necessary for us to carry the previous years card and the current years card next year if many clubs adopt what the ATA is going to do.

Pat Ireland

10. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Pat,

Bubba's program is so good that even if he can't set it up to pull from the previous year, it is easy enough to switch years and get the information that way. However, I do think you are correct that his system will do it for us.

The ATA has left the State associations in a bit of a pickle here for this one year. It looks like all the associations are making slightly different arrangments. The states with early 2009 state shoots will be affected the most. I am sure that we will all live through it, after all it only for one year.

Don

11. Rich G

Rich G TS Member

I know of several shooters who say they will not shoot in Sept & Oct. They will wait till after the new target year starts. Price of gas and shooting supplies. Can't blame them. That is why I would like to know what is going on. Sure seen like the small clubs in the northern tier, have been shoot down by ATA. Sorry to see it.
    Rich Green

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.