1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TARGETS AT CORINTH GUN CLUB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mastiff711, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Hello just wanted to let everyone know who shot the Southern Zone at Corinth that Larry is throwing White Flyer targets because of the problems the previous ones had caused. He's planning on having registered shoots this target year (unless something happens) besides the MS State Shoot and the Zone shoot. I wanted to let everyone know the target problem has been taken care of and we hope to see you there.

Stacey

2. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

The state shoot is rotating back to Corinth?

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What targets were giving problems? What type of problems were the targets causing?

Phil Berkowitz

5. 320090T

Laury? Mid-West? Champions? Last time I shot there they were using all orange WF even for shoot offs.

6. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

320090T yes the state shoot has rotated back to Corinth. And as far as the targets go I believe Larry had changed to Midwest NY style right before the southern zone and there were alot of problems with them and people complained and some even got their money back for events and left. I am no expert by any means on targets but for some reason these had problems. So what was left has been returned. Hope you can make the state shoot next year. Thanks.

7. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Phil I believe they were Midwest NY Style targets. We tried some of them out before the zone and they looked great. Some of the guys could probably tell you more about the problems with them than I can but evidently it must have been some kind of problem with the formula when they were made. They all weren't consistent in shape I believe. So this problem with windy conditions made for some hard targets to hit and break and alot of people were really upset. I know Larry was on the phone with Midwest while the shoot was going on because of the targets. You would really have had to have been there to fully comprehend how upset alot of the shooters were.

8. 320090T

I am really curious how the shape was inconsistant. I have seen targets being made and they come out of the mold not hot enough to be able to flex or sag, just warm enough to dry the paint when sprayed. I really wonder what happened. Anyone have Ricks email? Thanks.

9. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

320090T - you have a p message

10. 320090T

Got it, thanks.

11. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Wow - Midwest targets - I believe we used those at the NC Homegrounds one time! What a mess and ask Pipelayer about his experience shooting Midwest birds in NC.

Good luck and good shooting!

FRedmon

13. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

What about the radar guns? Did Larry change them too?

14. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

LOL don't know about the radar guns but I do know that he returned 6 pallets of those targets and when the rest of the ones he kept are gone it will be White Flyer targets. There will be a registered shoot there on Sept 27 starting around 11 am so come on out and give it another try. Thanks!

Stacey

15. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

FRedmon guess u live and learn huh? LOL

16. 320090T

I wonder if White Flyer ever got a bad load of pitch?

17. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Bet someone could answer that question???? Reagent Chemical????

18. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

19. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

When you throw targets to the 50 yard stake into a 25 mph head wind,guess what happens,you blame the targets!

20. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

holdumpleas66 in response to your above post was wondering if you shot the southern zone at Corinth? It is true the conditions there weren't favorable at all and it was windy. My husband and I have shot at Corinth since 1999 and at one time when the gun club was open on Tues/Thurs nite.....Sat/Sun.....we were there some weeks on every single one of those days and also shot league there. This was our "home" gun club at that time and we have shot in all kinds of conditions there from wind to extreme cold. Larry has always had "good" and "consistent" targets and if we shot bad it was always "our" fault (never the gun, shells, targets, etc.). I started this thread because alot of people got really upset because of the targets there at the zone and some even "scratched", got their money back and left. There actually was a problem with the targets hence why 6 pallets were taken to St Louis and returned. I know people blame everything and everyone but themselves when they shoot bad but this honestly wasn't the case this time. I wanted to make everyone aware that Larry had taken the targets back and will be throwing White Flyer. He has the MS State Shoot/Southern Zone shoots next year/and hopefully, the monthly registered shoots and we want to see a good turnout and for the people that got upset to come back. If you call Larry at Corinth Gun Club in Corinth MS he will be able to tell you himself what the exact problem was with the targets. Thanks for your above post and I would totally agree with you on it except there was a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.