1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Targets at Australian National Titles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hi guys,

Thought I might post a picture of the Corsivia brand clay targets that some idiots at the national body deemed the best to use for our Australia Championships.

I have no idea why they changed from white flyers but there has been a few rumors that some under the tables deals were done.

Out of 450 competitors only one perfect 75/75 was shot from around 20 yards for this event.

What would happen if this was the case in the USA?

2. 87AA

87AA TS Member

"What would happen if this was the case in the USA?"

Massive revolt preceded by a bunch of whining. Everyone knows the last thing trapshooters want is for things to get harder.

3. THALL

THALL Member

Get better scorers to the the minute pieces....yea right. Tim Hall

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

"What would happen if this was the case in the USA?"

Lots of tracks would appear out the front gate....breakemall

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

It's going to get worse as the pitch supplly worsens. The recent reports of White Flyer price increases will promp all of use to look at alternate suppliers such as this one from Spain.

Tom

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

In the US we pay a premium price for targets. $31 per 100 at the Southern Grand and now the NC Homegrounds are charging $30 per 100.

Why pay a premium price for a POS target?

I would say crucify the idiots in your national body that made that decision.

FRedmon

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I think that it may have been an economical decision to go with the Corsivia brand. Many clubs have switched to the White Flyer Bio Targets because of the price increase for the pitch ones.

I remember that the Grand tried the Remington targets that Gary mentioned for one year, then switched back to White Flyers the next year amid a bunch of complaints.

Jason

8. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

We are paying $40 per 50 target events, the one yesterday was $55 for 75 targets, none of which is for any cash pools.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Bios do not use pitch, they use sulfur. Pitch is a byproduct of petroleum refining, and since its an oil based product, its going up for the same reason gasoline is. Also, the primary (and perhaps only) pitch producer for clay targets had a fire a few weeks ago, and is out of commission for the foreseeable future.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That pitch does not unload worth a darn from a bulk pneumatic tank and leaves one hell of a mess on the inside of the tank. It is some nasty stuff. I have hauled quite a lot of it from the ConocoPhillips refinery to Midwest Targets. Pays good though. :)

11. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

hey dan, i will be having a big whinge to nugget nugent at the qld titles, if the same crap are to be used at the skeet nationals they can go take a big jump.The cost for me and my son to do the nat's is about $3500 so at the least the acta can do is give us decent targets. why don't the trappy's jack up and tell them the way it is? crap targets= no shooters= no money there are enough of you guys there to get away with a little strike

12. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Sport shot- I changed all my 8's to 7.5's and used my #8 Perazzi choke- as you mentioned. Finished 3rd overall in the event after a shoot off on 223/225.

Skeeter1956- do everything you can to stop them from using these crap things.there is even a roumour they may change from tomorrow onward to white flyer

The doubles was won today with one 98/100, one 97/100 and 95's all shot off for third. I shot 94- with an 0/0 on the first pair of the day!

13. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Four of those targets are mine Dan.....I had 2 in the single barrel that actually changed the entire top half of the target black but no "piece" seen.....lost target
    Then I moved a target in the points about 3feet to the right.....again lost at which point I simply gave up and switched off...you will be happy to know there is a semi load of white flyers on the road fro
    from Melbourne

Skeeter.....the trappers are picking the stacks of targets up out of the boxes in whole stacks by the top couple of targets and putting them in the machines....there all stuck together ...some of the trapprs have been laying the stacks of targets on the ground and rolling them to separate them !!!!!

14. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

The price you pay for events has little to do with the price of the targets

You can find targets like those with holes in them around any target range- the question is do you find more of that kind of target with holes ?

The real question though that would be fun to know- which if any of those targets was "dead"

Regards from Iowa

Gene

15. DONNE

DONNE Active Member

The best targets thrown a the Grand in Vandalia were Remingtons that were made right up the road from the grounds. I do remember them changing over to White Flyer. Most of the comments I heard were unfavorable.

Remington made the best target up until the time they quit. If you've never shot them , then you have nothing to compare.

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Remingtons sucked at the end....

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Remingtons targets had to be made out of mortor, talk about hard to break ... You could hit them hard enough to change the direction of flight and not break them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Well they did change them to white flyers, and the scores have told the story.

50 targets Double barrel off 15 metres, yep you read right, 2 shots at one bird allowed, is probably the premier single event at the nationals.

600+ entries, 182 perfect 50/50's shot. All going into the sudden death miss and drop out shoot off, which is a test of not only shooting ability but adapting to the changing conditions and fatigue.

I missed my 326th consecutive target, and there is still around 15 going at the 400 mark where they stopped overnight, to continue this morning.

19. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

bump for the aussies that cannot find this thread

20. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

The double barrel is at 850 and still going with 3 guys, after 2 days. Record is 900.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.