1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

target speed ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

what is the correct speed for singles and doubles? thanks milt luther

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

"...........must be a minimum of 44 50 MPH"----??????

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Old Cowboy- At my club, a reading of 44.5 MPH from inside the house it the same as 42 MPH when measured from the 16 yard line. When standing on the 16 yard line the target has traveled several feet before it clears the roof and targets slow down quickly. When you shoot a target it is around 12-15 yards from the house and it is traveling around 35 MPH.

Pat Ireland

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Pat, I was pointing out what I suspect was a misprint in Russ's post. I believe the rule says ".........must be a minimum of 44 MPH."

FWIW, IME a target that's reading 45 MPH (low powered Sports Radar gun) from inside the house on a Pat Pal will read 42 MPH if the radar gun is employed at the back of the traphouse in the prescibed manner. I don't find this observation inconsistent with yours.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.