1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target Sources on West Coast?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flybyknight, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Caldwell seems to have solved the breakage issue, however, their targets are so hard now it is common to find unbroken targets with 15 - 20 holes in them. Talk to the Del Norte Club in Smith River, CA regarding Caldwells before buying. The Yreka Clay Bird Club is switching to White Flyers exclusively because of the problems they have had with Caldwell's. It would be good if Caldwell solved their problems so there was a viable second source for clays. BobK

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

We're having good luck with the "new" Caldwells. The old (before mid-'06) Caldwells were a little fragile. The new ones are reportedly some 70% harder. In 9 months I've found quite a few unbroken ones with 1-2 holes in them and a chipped edge or a skid mark or 2, but finding 3 holes is rare, at least here (western WA.) So they're very good but not perfect. Phil E

3. Bill D

Bill D TS Member

Bill Daniels
    White Flyer Regional Sales Manager
    bioflyer@aol.com
    702-869-6577 Office
    We have targets, feel free to contact me if you have any concerns.

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

15 or 20 holes in unbroken Caldwell targets? I don't think so. Like to see a picture of that if true. We are having very good luck with the new Caldwell targets. They are harder but break as well as White Flyers when hit. Our breakage out of the Pat Traps is a thing of the past except for improper loading onto the trap. Post-2 out of Madras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.