1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target & Shooter Fee cost at Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I took a look at the on-line version of the Program Book for the Grand this morning (June 21 ~ 11:00 EDST) and I have a question or two.

I see the target & shooter fee for ALL events is listed as $30.00 and $3.00 IDNR fee. This includes Event 14 a & b ( a two hundred target event with one hundred targets on each day), and Event 16 (A two hundred target 16 yds event).

Do they really meant that a two hundred target event will cost the same as a 100 target event? If that is the case, that would make shooting these 200 target events cheaper than just about any ATA registered target shooting anywhere!

Am I reading this on-line version of the Program wrong?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A 200 target event will be $63 or $66. In the past 200 target events were always double 100 target events. There has to be an explanation of fees somewhere in the program that explains it.

Eric

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

$30/100 plus applicable fees which are usually per event

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Call it $63. The three dollar IDNR fee is assessed on a per-event basis (not per 100 targets) , so the number of targets doesn't enter in to the total twice.

Neil

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Eric,

I totally agree about the past costs. Costs were always based on a hundred targets but the program book Has shown the cost for a 200 target event as double the cost of a hundred target event right in the information for each event. This year it was not shown that way and I could find no reference to target costs anywhere else in the book.

I sent an e-mail to the ATA office asking for a clarification on this question. When I get a reply, I will add a posting here.

(My guess is that it was a "copy and paste" issue when the booklet was being laid out where the info for the two hundred events was not updated.)

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Grand scores might by higher if the ATA charged $15/100 targets plus $4 for every target you missed. You could pay an assessment of $100 per event and what you did not use, the ATA would give a refund. That way, everyone would be getting some money back.

Pat Ireland

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat I think you solved the sandbagging problem. HMB

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

It appears that someone ate the ATA noticed the incorrect target fees. When you go to open up the on-line program now there is a notice correcting the target fee information.

At least I know the change has been made. I never did get a reply to my question about this matter sent via e-mail sent the ATA office

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.