1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target setting ? for Neil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

No, Roger, I've never done it in my life. The singles and handicap events are set with a pole and radar gun, the doubles with a radar gun and experience.

It will be the policy of the target committee at the Grand to set the most breakable legal target. What that means is that height can be changed within reason, speed not which will center around 42 MPH for single-target events measured from the 16-yardline, and 39 1/2 for the right target, again from the 16 yard line.

Except for all those All-Americans Levi said didn't shoot because of the targets, the plan (above) we tested at the US Open and plan to follow at the Grand met with general approval.

Neil

2. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I attended the US open where Neil's setting criteria was used. I found the targets to be very good for all events.

Mark Zauhar

3. mcv

mcv Member

The 2006 Sparta targets were set according to Neil and the EC's target setting criteria. Their philosophy of setting "the most breakable legal target" was followed daily.

Also remember . . . this was not an ATA ran shoot. The IDNR was in charge of the 2007 US Open in conjunction with Southern Promotions. Guidance came from a number of people including the ATA, who, as some may remember opted out of the US Open.

4. Jack Burch

Jack Burch TS Member

Neil,

Would you be so kind as to write down your procedure for setting targets from start to finish, doubles & singles? Just want to learn the best way to set the targets and would really appreciate your insight.

Thanks a heap!!

Jack Burch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.