1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target panic???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAScott, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

OK, I shoot practice. 24's and 23's usually. In the past, I get to the line and focus on the bird and 24' 25's and ocassional 23 or so.

NOW, 24's in practice then on the line in a nite leauge 22's 20's maybe 21's what gives? any sugestions. practice is relaxed, leauge shoot is nervous and stressed. Any suggestions? what to do?

Bob S

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There's something called "Opening Night Jitters" caused by fear of failure. It seems that you tense up in competition but not in practice because it doesn't count. It's not going to go away until you can somehow keep your mind in the same place it is as when you practice.

Eric

3. shamlin

shamlin Member

Try headphones and music. Does the trick for me.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

You must learn how to deal with nerves through more competitions. Quit practicing and shoot only competitions. Hap

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well I relate to that I am new this Feb. to trap shooting and have a sweet lil lady in my life who has been shooting since she was 12. I have a great deal to just to keep up with her on the line practice or in league. The first night out on the local league I swear I shot with the local militia it was bang bang bang bang bang bang the pause where I was lol but I shot a 36. and after a taste of that well I came backthe following week with a 45. I found shooting with different groups helps me find my space, and have to keep my mind off the next bird or the last bird till time to shoot it.

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Get Terry Jordon's wall dry fire chart. It's the best way I know to practice smooth swing and release. The first time is gonna be an eye opener when you see the muzzle twitch and jump when you pull the trigger.

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

I have terry jordans wall chart and when you first swing on it you do notice the bad moves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.