1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target Milage

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hill topper, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Guys and Gals,

I found myself needing another hundred singles to be able to shoot in class next week at our state shoot. The closest shoot turned out to be 114 miles from my driveway. A storm rolled in after the singles and precluded shooting more targets.

That figures out to be an averaged of 12 targets per gallon of fuel used!
    I think it would be a kick if you would share your target/gallon/mileage at the last shoot you attended.
    I see all sorts of possibilities, like calculating your average based on miles traveled,fuel used, cost of fuel ect.

Perhaps Neil can supply some graphs and insight on the correlation between these variables and success on the trap field.

Perhaps another line on the ATA card to factor in fuel mileage per target would promote energy conservation by shooting more targets per trip or car pooling or would it just encourage us to stay home? Maby support the closer clubs more?

I eagerly await your collective wisdom on this vital pressing issue.

Thanks for your input, we may just save trapshooting as we once knew it, or not?

ed.

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Retirement, Ed, gives you a lot of time for such things...LOL....merlyn...

3. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

A lot of shooters/people are looking at bang for buck. Last winter I pressed the calculator for our local 30/50 mile away shoots; gas, shot, fees all went up. 50 targets=$30.00. Not a real good bargain as compared to just a year ago. Our practice sessions had two traps running till 9:30 pm, now it is one trap until eight or so. The sctp has kept up the trap traffic, w/o the kids...... Like in Europe, only the wealthy elite can afford the good life; but we still have it way better than the rest. I enjoy it, just make sure I enjoy it more.

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Merlyn,

The blessings of unemployment!

Maby we could come up with some acronyms Like TPG or TPM.
    Targets per gallon or Targets per mile, which would be unique to TS.Com posters
    No one else would know or care!

I just figured the TPG for the Open and it fell short, won't be making the day trip. I am still developing my baseline numbers and would really appreciate some charts and graphs if you see Neil at the Open !

It appears that the TPG will work for the Mo. State Shoot next week.
    See you there PDQ!

ed.

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Merlyn,

Your TPG would have to be factored differently than mine as you would have to reflect sales and trades and the BS factor. Not sure what value to give the BS factor.

We definitely need Neil on this one!

ed.

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Ed what do you drive?? Holy freakin cow!

Forrest

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Closest opportunities to shoot ATA registered targets are 60-120 miles away from my door so worrying about mileage is kind of a moot point. I drove 100 miles to shoot 300 targets yesteday.

Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.