Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Target Management?

6K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  Barry C. Roach 
#1 ·
Not sandbagging. Is target managenment in handicap part of the sport? I remember KOhie saying you should make $1000 per yard you gain in his video.

#3 ·
Shawn McNeil. Did you get your beer? LOL Ok, Lets say someone is shooting well but is a short yarder. Shooter has required ATA targets in for the year. Does it make sense to shoot at small Ata shoots and chance getting yardage before the big shoots are comming on. ( Yardage management.)

#4 ·
I disagree, yardage manangement is not sandbagging. Its also money saving management. Would you rather spend $30.00 fee plus travel etc. on a small shoot with 50 guys or spent it to compete against 1500 guys. Which rewards are better? Sandbagging is dropping targets on purpose. That's not me. Know ability has is proven by averages. Got my pop and popcorn out. LOL

#9 ·
I know some AA27AA shooters who will not shoot in high wind or bad weather of any kind. One, who lives in the Northeast, won't even shoot registered until after Memorial Day. Is that target management? I know other shooters of lesser ability who will shoot in every kind of weather and consequently their averages and yardage is less than it might be. Is that target management? JRM

#11 ·
Mr. Snyder as # 1 said recently, the "target management days " are gone, as for Kay, and having shot with him, he is a great shooter, sometimes a little pompous, but great!! his "target management thoughts" are of a different era, in Florida his 100 straight from the 27 made him a staggering 379.00, a far cry from yesteryear, I have yet to see a "target management " shooter always strike it big, it seems to me that God looks down and says, you cheated and you will not win today! I have seen that on too numerous times to mention, my advise is to shoot at your best ALWAYS! the money and the accolades will follow! incinerate em!

#12 ·
so,EARL with all your new talent; you are going to become a "target manager" and save your handicap skills for only the bigger shoots in order to collect a large amount of 20 yd line trophies. we all look forward to the pictures that you post on this web site of yourself (your the only shooter in the country that does this) wonder why???? perhaps, because the rest of us have too much self respect to do so. good luck on your quest

#17 ·
Porthos, there is a huge difference between common sense and sandbagging and target management. In any game of sport there are options that many teams take to get the job done. Not all options seem fair or right but all are within the rules of the game. Is winning 6 yardage group events in three states and getting no punches fair to other shooters. No, but that's the rules. I tried my best to get yardage. Hopefully at a big shoot. It takes a 96 or place in the top three or four scores. The cards were not there. Maybe for the $100,000. Grand shoot. LOL.

#18 ·
Hey Ive only been shooting registered targets for about 2 years and i just now got my targets in. I shot at small shoots and at big shoots as I could afford to go. now that I have my birds in and will start at the 20 Ill be damned if someone will call me a sandbagger, when the ATA reviews my targets I will not take a reduction. Im trying to claw my way up to the top or back to the fence which ever. Ive been to small shoots where we had to beg someone to shoot caps to make it an event why would anybody be jealous of a 20yard newbie, I doubt you started on the 27 but I bet it felt pretty good cashing YOUR check and getting YOUR trophy on the way back to the fence. beni

#21 ·
Your words "Gaining yardage at the big shoots is the only way as far as I'm concerned. It's more rewarding and in forces ones ability." You also say "I only suggest that short yarders who have talent play money at the big shoots only." And this is not cheating in your opinion? Its target management?
PS
I will say it for Big Don another dumb ass thread.

#22 ·
Penguin glad to hear from you. Yes, I believe gaining yardage at the big shoots is the way to go. That's why the ATA has a scale/ factor on big shoots. It measures ones ability against a bigger field of shooters. Much more rewarding. No it's not cheating. Penguin the thread caught your interest. Never said anything negative about you. I think you responded to this thread? Another positive post by Mr. Penguin.

#25 ·
Let see a shooter shoots low scores at small local shoots but when he gos to large he shoots much better. What is it Called????

Another shooter doesn't shoot handicap at small shoots at all so he won't get yardage before the big shoots. What is it called????

What is the difference between the two shooters????

Bob Lawless

#26 ·
Not shooting handicap at the small shoots is sometimes called common sense. Save a ton of money and expenses if you already have the required targets in. Futhermore, small shoots are unimportant to some shooters. Never seen a big dog shoot at any clubs go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.