1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target load data for BPI #1391270 clear hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by thom, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thom

thom TS Member

Picked up a 100pk of these 12ga hulls at Cabelas today. Model # is 1391270, and the BPI site lists these as Cheddite primers. The picture there shows a copper colored outer ring on the primer, mine have a silver outer ring, matching the Fiocchi primer picture shown for their #064121600 hulls....so I'm unsure if I actually have Cheddite primers, or the Fiocchi. I plan to just use them once and then reprime w/ STS or Winchester primers, assuming that's no issue.

Anyway......
    I have Figure 8 and WT12/WAA12 wads for 1 1/8 oz. loads, and TGT12 wads available for 1 oz loads. I'm looking for mid-velocity ( 1135-1200 fps )loads using Red Dot. Currently use 17gr or thereabouts in STS or AA hulls and that's working pretty well. Just don't want to push the envelope without knowing for sure these new hulls can be treated as if they were STS or AA.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.......

~~~~<'{{><

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You can forget using the SDTS or Winchester primers, they will fall out of the shell.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.