1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target frame

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

A long time ago there was an article in one of the gun magazines that had plans for a simple, foldable, target frame for rifle/pistol shooting. Anyone have that or any plans for a simple target frame? Google failed me...

thanks!

Bruce

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I just use a real estate "For Sale" sign, the angle iron frame with two pointed ends sticking down into the lawn.

A realtor gave it to me because it was bent up. You can replace the OSB wood insert I made easily.

Free is good. But if I hear of disappearing for sale signes, I'll know who did it, LOL.

HM

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Don't know of any plans for a folding target frame, but I made mine out of simple 1 inch PVC tubing, using elbow and T joints. The actual target backer area is 24 by 24 inches, and the legs extend 12 inches below the backer area. Made the base for the frame (again, 1 inch PVC tubing) 18 by 24 inches, with the sides having a T joint in the middle for the frame legs to drop into to hold the frame upright. The cardboard backer is attached by velcro, but could be duct taped, clipped, or held any other convenient way to the tubing. Extremely lightweight, easily carried. The frame and base separate easily and the two pieces stow in the back of my SUV to and from the range easily. Best target frame I ever used. While I made my target area 24X24, with this method you can make the size virtually anything desired.

Jim R

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you have A FRIEND AT the City Maintenance Yard ... ask him to call you the next time someone plasters the city with "yard signs". Tell him you will come down and take them off his hands.

These are those 18X24 inch corregated plastic signs that have wire "H' shaped holders. Use scotch, masking or duct tape to hold the targets on to them. When they get too shot up ... toss them into your recycle bin.

Ya kain't beat free!

5. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Pick up some of those new home signs that litter the country sides. Real estate signs are good too for shooting since they usually have faces on them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.