1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target frame

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Looking for plans to build a target frame for rifle/pistol shooting. Our outdoor range has very limited facilities for paper targets.

I know there are commercial solutions to this, but I'm looking for plans for an easily transportable, fold up target frame. It gets windy sometimes, so it needs to be fairly stable.

Any ideas/pictures/plans?

thanks!

Bruce

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

A metal framed real estate sign works for me. I slide a piece of lewan plywood in and it is held in place by the expanded metal clips in the frame. I'll get some pics later and update this post.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

For a simple 100 yard frame.

Go to the lumber yard and buy 2 96 inch 2x2's and a 2 inch poly-pipe how ever long. You will need two pieces of them about 12 inches long.

Go home and cut one in haft and now two of them 48 inches long.

Next cut the other one in thirds or 32 long.

Now attach one 32 incher between the ends of the two 48 inchers and the other one about 14 inches from the other end.

Attached piece of cardboard on the frame with a lath on either side. Staples from a staples won't hold it every long.

Here to bad path. Get a 2 inch agguer (how ever it spell) and drill to drill two holes 32 inches apart.

To not ask me what the center to center measurement is because I'm a shooter,not a carpenter.

You might want to make sure the target is high enough so that your rounds hit the impact area and not ricochet off of the range floor. If they do, you might want modifty somehow the 48 inch piece a bit longer.

Let know how it works out.

4. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

Go to the web sites below and see some of these type frame. They in service for some time and look like it.

Questions, please ask.

https://sites.google.com/site/marksmanshipsite/year-2010

5. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

There is the web site listed above.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The real estate sign is great. I have 2, one is carrying a for rent sign and the other has OSB board and thin foam over that.

Easy carry, just stick it in the ground. Can't get any better.

HM

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Estate sign like someone said above do make great target frames. They are easy to replace when its time to do so. LOL

Get some rebar and make a heavier frame by heating up the points you need to bend. Then add small spring wood clamps to hold the card board and or target.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Do a Google search for <I>plans target frame</i>... lots of returns. May require a bit of ingenuity to make some of them both portable AND stable.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.