1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target frame plans

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

A long time ago one of the gun mags had plans for a target (pistol) frame that you could easily build. It was wood and the base folded up so you could easily transport it. I built one, sold it. Long time ago.

Anyone have these plans or similar ideas? Made some of PVC tubing and I don't really like them at all. Anything wood, that folds up to put in the back of a pick-up?

Thanks!
    Bruce

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Make a metal one that looks like a Real Estate sign,simple and doesn't take up much room....GOOD LUCK

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the politacal signs make good ones I got a whole truck load of osoma ones last fall. Then when he got appointed I just spray painted them black

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Yes, the political signs were my idea as well. Unfortunately, here in Vermont, they got cleaned up VERY fast the next day. Or, I should say, fortunately. At least we didn't have to look at them for long.

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I generally take 4 - 2 X 4's about 24 to 30 inches long, whichever size your target may be and screw them together to form an H with an extra bar in the middle. I make the center 2 where a 1 X 2 will fit snugly in between these will be used for the uprights. The target can be stapled to the uprights.

I have seen to many folks get splatters from shooting metal at close range. I have a rule "no metal closer than 20 yards". A lot of folks do, I prefer not to take the chance. We never use metal frames in our tactical shoots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.