1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target Background

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

While looking at pictures of the 870's that MIA has for sale on this board, it reminded me of the target background. Where you usually shoot, do you see the targets against an open sky background or against a background of trees (or something else)?

Personally, I think that the background makes a big difference in how well older eyes see the targets. When I shoot at a range that has the targets against the open sky, I can see the targets much better and can hit them much better.

Also, shooting with the sun at my back makes it much easier for me to see and hit the targets. Anyone else experience the same thing?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sky is best, solid trees are next and last is part tree and part sky. I have not shot against some of the solid brown backgrounds found out West.

Pat Ireland

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Many of the backgrounds I shoot against are both: the bird leaves the house against a solid background of trees (green or brown) and about the time the shooter is ready to pull the trigger, the bird rises above the trees and into the sky (blue, gray or black). I don't think there is a harder background to shoot against.

Morgan

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

shoot then where they are.

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

This time of year our background goes from snow to trees to sky. You would think that orange targets would stand out against the snow. THEY DON'T!

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"shoot then where they are."

You can't hit what you can't see!

Morgan

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ron Frazier- I thought that orange targets against snow on a bright day would be great. I got to try that combination once and quickly discovered that I was very wrong.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.