1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Target Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Top grade target 22lr ammo is above $30 for a box of 50 rounds.
    Dave

2. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Is $85 asking price or getting price...? I saw some meat head this morning on Armslist asking $100 for a 500 round brick. Good luck with that. This afternoon I saw the same brick at WalMart for less than $20......hmmmm

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

At a gun show in Iowa last week a 500 round box of .22 Winchester Dyna points were going for $60 a box. Some cheap .22 remington ammo was going for $45 a 500 round box.

4. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

There are a lot of gougers out there on Armslist or GB...The crazy thing is that even .22lr ammo is hard to find now days...

5. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

From a gun show this past weekend.

5standdan_2011_251086.jpg

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

At the Amarillo Gun Show, Feb. 16+17, they were selling .22LR for $100 a brick. A brick here is 500 bullets. .45 ACP was a dollar a bullet, and this stuff was selling. It's crazy. I'm glad I stocked up, when I did. Charlie

7. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

DAMN!!! I could have made a killing and got my P-Gun at those prices and how much I sold...But Karma is alive and kicking so, hopefully, it will all work out and the people that bought my target ammo got a good price for great ammo...

8. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

"We have met the enemy, and they be us"......Pogo

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Crazy! I thought $10 a brick was too much a few years ago.

10. firedawg

firedawg Member

terry, i'll give you $22.50 for the ammo you just bought.

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

My dad and I bought 40 bricks in the 80's for $5 a brick, then I bought 10 more bricks for $6.50 in the early 90's. I'm set for a while more.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

There isn't a round of .22LR to be had in my area. You can get .22 mag and some .17HMR but thats about it for rimfire. None of the store operators seem to know when they will get more stock. So I gotta ask the question where the hell is it all going too. If it were just simple hoarding you would think some stuff would come up for sale every now and then.

Then again I have had a case of CCI minimags on backorder from Midway since June and they never came in. So maybe it is hoarding that has been going on for awhile and it finally wiped out the entire supply chain.

I'm going ground squirrel shooting on Saturday, hope I don't shoot up ammo that can't be replaced in the next year or so. Oh well I won't let that ruin a good time today!

13. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

The easiest way for gun control is not to ban guns but to elimate the ammo. No matter what type of gun you have, it is worthless with out bullets. My dad told me years ago that is the way the government would start doing gun control. Everyone is watching the gun bans but no one is seeing where all the ammo is going. Sure the public is buying up a lot but shouldn't the selves start getting restocked sooner or later? Makes you wonder what is really going on.

Huntinandhotrods

14. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Just hung up the phone with our main distributor. They claim they are receiving product every day but cannot even fill 5% of the current demand from their dealers. They also state they believe it is going to get much worse prior to getting better....I sure hope they are wrong!

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Walmart for all the bad comments people make about them has not gouged a dime on this ammo stuff

In fact many people try to buy at walmart and re sell

Regards from Iowa

Gene

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The last .22's I bought at WalMart were $22.97 for 525 round packs of Federal LR's, ( I picked up 5 of them) this was within the last 2 weeks ... I have to get some more CCI .22 mini mags for the conversion kit I bought for my Glock 17 ... This thing runs out fast with only 10 rounds in the magazine but reloads really easy ... The Federals do not feed as well as the CCI's but they shoot fine ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Going price usually about 4 bucks for 50 rds just over 22 for a brick in wally world ,but,they can't KEEP any!! Every now and then I find a box or two. Wally World in my area limits people to 3 boxes per person REGARDLESS how many are in the box!

18. joe scout

joe scout Member

I have 23 boxes of .17mach 2s that I would sell along with a little shot CZ 452 bull barrel with adjustble trigger, great shooter. $695.00 plus $30.00 shipping to your FFL.

Joe

19. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Just checked my receipts, last week bought the last 2 bricks of Winchester Dyna Points at Dick's, $22.95 each. May go back today to see what is available.

20. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I might be wrong but I really don't think the giverment is causing this directly it is just people worried about what the meat heads are going to do and the ammo makers are running at full bore and just can't keep up

Glad I ordered 12,500 rnds the day after the election, so now I have about 25,000 rnds of .22, should last me a few years, I didn't buy them because of obozo, actually I was hedging against inflation, just a few years ago 6-7 I could pick up a brick of them for $9, in just this short time they have over doubled, better than most of my other investments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.