1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Tapered Shooting Vest

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fortycaliberglock, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock TS Member

I'm looking for a new vest. I had a very nice, black Castellani vest that looked great. However, the zipper is just junk and it's ripping in other places. Does anyone know of another company that makes a similar vest with a tapered cut and elastic waist? For the money, you'd think the Castellani vest would be better quality but it's really not. I'd like to get something of the same style but better made.

Thanks for your help!
  2. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

i got one from "shoot the moon" that i like. they offer to make any custom you want..
  3. build4u

build4u TS Member

Another for Shoot The Moon.I had them make one for my wife dimensions a few years back and it was very nice and light wieght for summer. I do not think they offered an empty hull pouch on the back. I also bought their Polar Fleece winter shooting coat slightly tailored and it is awesome.
  4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

My first Castellani vest I bought over 10 years ago at the SHOT show is still in great shape. I washed it in washing machine then hang dry.

I know it's different going from Italian to British, but if you want a durable shooting vest, try Barbour. They don't make light weight ones, but they are super durable, in very elegant style.

stevew_2008_0303104.jpg
  5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

I never saw a trapshooter with a tapered waist. Are you sure you're on the right forum?