1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tape on glasses???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimborn, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I'm left handed, and left eyed dominant. Do you suppose I might benefit with a magic dot or tape on my right lens???

2. arend003

arend003 Member

you might want to try if you have any cross eye dominance and shoot two eyed. I am left eye dominate and shoot a shot gun left handed and do use the dot. Most other things I do right handed so my right eye does effect my shooting if it sees the target.
    Tom

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

What is your average now ???

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I would try a sight blinder before I would use the tape.

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

The tape for all practial purposes makes you a one eyed shooter. Avoid that...

6. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

test it with a little chapstick, yeah I know I have said it before, but it is a quick check, and it washes off real easy

Dennis

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Great idea !!!!

8. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If your left handed and left eye dominant, shoot with both eyes open. I'm left handed and right eye dominant, I have to shoot with tape on the right lens. Hope this helps, Roy

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Just a simple question. If you're left hand shooter and left eye dominant why would you NOT want to shoot with both eyes open???????????

10. alf174

alf174 Member

One eyed shooters generally have to hold low on the house. As far as dominance, my eye-doc says I'm right eye dominant and that may be true in a static state but while shooting my left will take over so I use the magic dot. The sight blinder doesn't work for me because I look at the target, not the barrel.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Hand eye dominance is not the only deciding factor. Many shooters suffer from cross dominance which dictates whether the use of tape is important. Example, I am left eye dominant and shoot left handed, however I can be shooting extremely well and all of a sudden I can't hit a bird. What happened? As my eyes began to fatigue from focusing on the target my dominant left eye gave up and the non dominant right eye took over. Either tape on my right lense or shooting with the right eye closed are the only solutions that I have found. It ended up that closing the offending eye worked best for me after many months of seeking a solution.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
left eye dominant in trap shooting how to put tape on glasses
scotch tape on glasses eye dominance
shooting glasses eye training tape
tape for glasses

tape on glasses for trap shooting

tape on glasses to limit dominate eye

tape on shooting glasses

where to put tape on trap shooting glasses