1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tank 1--Car Bomb 0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nspktr1, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Tank VS Car Bomb.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=191740&page=2&ESRC=navy.nl

Can't get this to display as link. Can someone help???

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

3. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I have always wanted my own tank, just never seem to have $50 mill to spend.

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I wonder if the bomb took the track off the tank? It looked like to me that the side that ran over the car dropped down when it got over the car after the blast. Luckly our guys were safe inside and not in a damned humvee. Dan

5. bocephus

bocephus Member

Dahaub, what vehicle did the humvee replace and was it Bush that forced both on our military? Was the first 1 armored?

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The HUMMER replaced the Chevy Blazer and pickup truck,neither were good tactical vehicles. The HUMMER has been replaced by a new Armored vehicle which I can't recall the name. To say they were "forced" on the military is confusing as the Hummer was a much better tactical vehicle. Jake

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I saw a Humvee for the first time in the late seventies or early '80's in the LTV plant at NAS Dallas in Grand Prairie, Texas. Either Carter or Reagan was president. For those of you that have a public shooll education, that was before either bush was elected POTUS.

Crap on a cracker. Guys you can't blame Bush for everything. Be objective in your thinking. Y'all are losing what little credibility you have.

Semper fi,

HBT

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

EE our jeeps were replaced by Dodge, Dodge replaced by Chevy and Chevy replaced by HUMMERs. I retired in 1990, You? Jake

9. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

What the HUMMWV replaced depended on the units TOE.....The first ones were like a jeep....covered in canvas. The HUMMWV was and still is a colossal POS....It's a total pain in the ass for todays soldiers, and has proven itself deadly many times.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The Humvee, according to one of my special forces buddies, is totally useless in third world towns & truly rural area with extremely narrow paths & roads. Its too damn wide & can easily be trapped & or blocked.

Phil Brkowitz

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They don't call them "Bullet Magnets" for nothing.

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

For general knowledge I didn't say anyone told the military to use the humvee. That was not my point. My point was that after a month of George's war our military knew that the Humvee couldn't take those roadside bombs. They didn't do enough to outfit every one of the vehicles in that country with more protection. They did nothing about it as a blanket fix of all those trucks. Think about it for a second or two. We can send up a shuttle to fix a telescope in outer space and we can't engineer additional plates to be stamped out and flown to Iraq and hung under our trucks for the protection of our troops???? Come on you know the technology is there and it's only a matter of coming up with the money. That shouldn't have been a problem since the GAO has tried to account for the billions that war has eaten up and they can't find many hundreds of millions and thats not bs either. Look it up. I think those Abrahams tanks are awesome. My son was a mechanic for the first marines and first tank when he was a Marine 15 years back. Dan

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dahaub, anytime the government is in charge of spending my tax dollars they dick it up. So....nix this stupid spendulous plan and government health care. It will be a blank check to add government "managers" (employees)to operate the "System". Of course the dems want more government employees (votes).

And this "Carbon credit" thing....it's a hoax based on contrived numbers. Even the europeans are seeing the light on that one. In 20 years they'll be trying to charge a fee for global cooling like the claims of the 70's.

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Dahaub.....What your asking about are BUFFALOS, COUGARS, and the new MRAPS....some of these vehicles have been in Iraq for years, and have not been front page news due to their ability to survive those blasts.

A Commanders middle name is "CONVOY".....Convoy here,convoy there, hell they even convoy to a convoy.......Convoys are mostly HMMWVs and are an easy, soft target. As the vehicles have become more durable, the bomb makers have evolved also.

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Weren't we as televisions viewers told at the beginning of the war that approximately 100 tons of plastics explosives were being guarded by a small group of national guardsmen and that they couldn't keep the locals from backing trucks up to and stealing some of it? I'm sure that is what is maiming and killing our guys now with the roadside bombs. I have a couple questions there. One is why was there not one hell of an explosion and gotten rid of most of their plastic bomb material? Two is why was this not a bigger prize than to be guarded by such a small contingent of soldiers who couldnt handle the job? Three is not a question it's a statement of fact about the people who are building those roadside bombs. They will build to suit whatever strength of bomb is needed to destroy their targets. If they had wanted to destroy that tank it would have been blown 40 feet in the air and you know it. The explosion that the tank's pressure set off in the car was in my opinion a bomb set to maim those who would have been on foot or more accurately would have killed anyone close to the car when the bomb went off. It's the only way those people have of fighting us and I doubt it will ever stop while we are in that country. I wish we could do something that would put our soldiers at a better advantage than to be at the mercy of those plastic explosives roadside bombs. I want our troops to find Osamma Bin Laden and use a drone filled with plastic to send him to the promised land. Last observance was that he's hidding in Pakistan. I say use all resourses to get that job done and get our boys home again. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.