1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tancredo to drop out

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BudLight, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudLight

BudLight Member

Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo plans to drop out of the race during an announcement Thursday afternoon in Des Moines, Iowa, GOP sources close to the campaign have told FOX News.

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Not surprising.

Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson won't be too far behind.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pity if Fred drops out now. That would mean Ron Paul is the only one left between voting GOP and voting third party for many.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Brian in Oregon- Whoever votes will vote for a Republican or a Democrat. There are no other choices. There is sometimes a way that a conservative can indirectly vote for a Democrat by supporting a third party. Bill Clinton got a lot of votes that way.

Pat Ireland

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I must live in a vacuum, everybody I talk to says their number 1 issue for the upcoming election is immigration/border. Tancredo's main theme was - close the border, and he couldn't even get on the radar screen.

Maybe immigration/border isn't that big a deal outside my little sphere.

I like Huckabee on the fair tax, but he has shown a weakness on immigration. I guess I will support Duncan Hunter but he's not on the radar either.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

He has done the country a great service by raising the illegal immigration issue to the level he has. We all owe him a debt of gratitude that can best be paid by not allowing this issue to die.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you vote for a third party, you help the Democrat get elected. I'm with you on this one Pat. HMB

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I agree with birdogs. If it weren't for Tancredo and Jeff Sessions (R-AL), there would have never been an illeagal immigration issue. 20 million illeagals would have become citizens, the Republican party would die, and the US would also become another 3rd world country.

Tom needs a big THANK YOU.

Doug

9. Questor

Questor TS Member

In the end it will be Romney as the candidate. He's the only one who stands any chance at all with Republicans in the long run.

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

VOTE FOR RON PAUL!!!

11. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Gee. When I send in a contribution, I figure I should at least get to cast a vote for the guy I supported with my hard earned cash. Otherwise, I might conclude the candidate solicited my money, spent a tiny bit, and pocketed the rest. If you quit before even one vote is cast, were you ever really in it?

12. Brian in Oregon

Sorry Pat, the choice is voting for anti-gunners or not voting for anti-gunners.

Perhaps you feel it is OK to vote for someone who will ban your guns simply because they are the lesser of two evils, but I will not prostitute my vote.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Brian in O.,

Go ahead, Shrillary is going to win Oregon anyway...one more vote for her isn't going to matter.

14. Brian in Oregon

Then it shouldn't get anyone upset if I vote third party, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.