1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tampa, Fl. Sheriff Dept.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by I WON, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I WON

I WON TS Member

Did anybody see the deputy's empty the wheelchair with the handicap man in it ? "Jack-booted Thugs"

2. I WON

I WON TS Member

That is the definition of a "Jack-Booted Thug" Maybe the ones involved with dumping this guy out of his wheelchair will lose thier jobs.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

People are victimized everyday, all over the U.S and the world....

The personal impact of this particular incident upon you is what and why do you think it should be shared on on a trapshooting site?

Curt

4. I WON

I WON TS Member

And rightly deserved, maybe the taxpayer(s)should be more involved with who is hired to "Serve and Protect". The officers involved in this are crminals and should be treated as criminals, jail should be their next residence. "Jack-Booted Thugs"

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Taxpayers get what the paid for......

When taxpayers via their elected officials fail to appropriate proper funding and fail to elevate the qualification criteria, this is what happens.

Taxpayers should be involved to a certain degree, but the majority are unqualified and the rest don't really care.

In the end, the taxpayers will be responsible for their own shortsightedness.

Curt

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Is it at all possible that we have been given only part of the story? How would you evaluate a Judge who only listened to the story presented by a defendant?

Pat Ireland

7. I WON

I WON TS Member

--Taxpayers should be involved to a certain degree, but the majority are unqualified and the rest don't really care.

obama, hilliary and fidel believes this way as well !!!!!

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pat....

The whole (and true) story hasn't come out and will probably be distorted by a biased media and prejudiced beliefs.

After spending 30 + years in Law Enforcement, I always found that somewhere inbetween stories is the actual truth. Nothing is ever just black & white.

Curt

9. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Well boys, here is the truth:

The fellow in the wheelchair is Brian Sterner. His mom works in our office, 3 desks over from mine. [His Dad & I were classmates in high school and he (dad) was our closest neighbor when I was growing up-however we were not close friends. As many of you know, our office is the prosecuting attorney's office for our county.

Brian is now 22 or 23, he had a spinal cord injury in a high school wrestling match. He does not have use of his legs.

I do not know the facts (except for what I saw on the news & his Mom has flown to Florida, so I can't ask her) about why he was in jail. I do not know why the corrections officers wanted him to stand up, but he can NOT stand, he has no use of his legs. Any LEO or Correction's Officer will tell you that it was not only inappropriate behavior, but (at least in my state) would be Reckless Endangerment, Assault & Battery, as well as Mis-Feasance of Office.

Now that video was taken from a security camera in the jail. I would guess that someone in the jail did not like what they saw and dubbed a copy and sent it the press, YouTube, and everywhere else. We had a copy on our Law Enforcement Net last week.

I would imagine that the whole story will come out in court, as for sure at least one of those officers will be charged, and the other officer (the one who just watched) will no doubt "flip" on the other one.

10. I WON

I WON TS Member

The Sheriff of that county was on Fox News appologizing and admitting of the "Wrong" his deputy's have done.

nomderf; The wheelchair passenger was Brian Sterner. This was made clear in the above post.

Is there any need to name call norderf ?

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jack...

I'm out also. Personal axes to grind don't interest me!!

Curt

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Admiral Art Thank you for some insight on the subject.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

<html>
    <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    http-equiv="content-type">
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <br>
    To lighten things up a bit (not that I want to take make light of
    Brian's injuries and mistreatment).<br>
    Here is a link to the video.<br>
    Deputy
    Dumps Prisoner From Wheelchair
    <br>
    <big><br style="font-weight: bold;">
    <span style="font-weight: bold;">The following also came in on the LEO
    Net.<br>
    <br>
    </span></big><br>
    <span
    style="font-size: 10pt; color: navy; font-family: Arial;">To all our
    friends, especially those of you not fortunate enough to live in this
    great part of the country. (Mississippi)</span><span
    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;"></span>
    <span style="word-spacing: 0px;">
    <p class="EC_EC_MsoNormal"><span
    style="font-size: 10pt; color: navy; font-family: Arial;">This is an
    example of one of the best efforts at creating a fake ID!</span><span
    style="font-size: 9pt; color: rgb(0, 99, 18); font-family: Arial;"> <br>
    </span></p>
    </span><big><span style="font-weight: bold;"><br>
    <span style="text-decoration: underline;">[​IMG]</span><br>
    </span></big><br>
    </body>
    </html>

14. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

"It's not just about me -- it's about downpression (sic) of people across the world"

Sounds like he needs a CAT scan. He may be able to sue for brain damage.

Chip

15. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

It looks like the corrections officer simply dumped him from his wheelchair. What's suprising is that she knows its all on camera and that its irrifutable evidence against her. Either, she is simply stupid which is always the possibility. Is it possible the young man in question refused to answer her or told her to shove it? Even then, their were other ways to deal with this issue! Personally, if I'm the young men in question, I want her fired for battery and unprofessionalism as a law enforcement official and a personal apology from the Chief of Police.

Rick Brohmer

P.S. Question, why was he trying to elude the police and therefore arrested? Maybe that question should have been asked by MSNBC.

16. I WON

I WON TS Member

There is not an axe to grind it does appear that some get really defensive when the truth is spoken. There should be criminal charges filed against all officers involved that was present in the room at the time this all took place. I did not see "Any" officers step in and try to stop the officer or protect the handicap man from any more aggresive behavior or acts against him. They are just as guilty. "Jack-Booted Thugs".

17. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Rico46

I will try to find out why he was "fleeing and eluding", so far all I have been able to get is flat our rumor and hearsay, but here it is: He operated his vehicle using hand controls. ***According to RUMOR off of the internet** he never got above 35 MPH. So I do not think it was what we would ordinarily call a 10-80 --a high speed chase or anything like that, and of course he would not have gotten vary far "on foot".

In any case, whatever he did outside the jail is not cause to be abused IN the jail. We get PAID to take a lot of verbal crap off of the public, most of us let it roll off, they are JUST words.

According to publish reports, the deputy in question has been suspended at least two other times. Sick leave abuse, and disciplinary problems.

18. I WON

I WON TS Member

nomderf

If this is not "JACK-BOOTED THUGS" then explain ?

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

The video does look like excessive force may have been used, but we are lacking so much information I do not see how anyone can make a supported conclusion at this time. What words were spoken? Did the officers have a reasonable suspicion the person was armed? Did the individual fail to comply with a request to be searched? I have no opinion on this matter now. I do recognize that it is possible for an officer to do some things they should not do, they are human.

The video certainly does not warrant calling the officer a Jack-Booted Thug.

Pat Ireland

nomderf (Fred)- Both you and I are glad that this incident did not take place in the Sheriff's office where you work.

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Well now Mr. I WON....

If you are so impassioned about this matter....why aren't you in Tampa now doing something about it?

And, the alleged persons involved are not Police Officer's....Jailhouse Guards only. If you are going to protest at least get your facts straight first.

Calling others petty names only degrades your stance and should have been confined to a elementary school playground.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.