1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tampa Airport and TSA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Gambrell, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Gambrell

Bob Gambrell TS Member

I'm getting ready to fly in and out of of Tampa airport with a shotgun and was wondering if anyone has had problems with TSA.

My concern is checking it back in. Normally my airline (Air Tran) takes the baggage at check-in counter and then TSA checks it out on down the line from there.

I'm not providing a combo or a key to TSA. Where can I have them inspect it in my presence at?

Thanks for any and all input.

BC

2. Cray

Cray Member

Buckeye cmdr: When I went through Tampa last year, a TSA inspector carried my two gun cases to their xray machine. The other TSA rep. xrayed them in seconds and gave me the "Thumbs-Up" sign and I left in less than a minute. I did not provide them with my combination and they did not ask for it. Cray

3. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

BC,

I went down to the Silver Dollar for the Southern Grand. I flew from Chicago O'hare to Tampa on American Air. I had no problems either way. When I checked in at American, I announced to the agent that I wanted to declare an unloaded firearm. After signing off on the orange firearm declaration card, the ticket agent asked a sky cap to carry the gun case over to the TSA x-ray station while I accompanied him. The TSA agent took the locked case, ran it through the x-ray and handed it back to the sky cap. I followed him back to the ticketing agent who then took the case to be loaded on the plane. When I arrived at O'hare, my gun case was just coming onto the baggage carousol. Perfect timing!

To sum my Tampa experience, it went smooth with no problems. I just wish I had shot better. Good luck and enjoy the shooting and the great restaurants in the area.

John Semprini

4. Bob Gambrell

Bob Gambrell TS Member

Thanks for the replies. That takes a load off my mind. :)

BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.