1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Taller rib on BT-99

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by smittys800, Jul 18, 2013.

1. smittys800

smittys800 TS Member

Looking for some advice for a taller rib on my older BT-99, just can't seem to get down on the rib enough. I do have an adjustable Morgan butt plate, which helped some, but still need more.
    Located in Washington State, so I am looking for someone local if possable.
    Thanks for your time,
    Smitty

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I put a KeenSights on mine and that worked very well. You will have to figure out what height is correct for you. Do you have a long neck? I do.

3. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I put on an Add-A-Rib and brought it up to the height as my BT-100's, looks and works great for around $150. It was easy to install and it still shoots the same at about 60/40 as the original because it's added right on it, but it keeps your head more erect. Works great when the birds are flying flat due to a tailwind.

4. smittys800

smittys800 TS Member

Thanks for the advice, yes I have a long neck being 6'2". Will try the add a rib go from there.
    Smitty

5. August1940

August1940 Active Member

What height rib did you install to make it the same as a bt 100??

I would like a taller rib on my bt99, but am not sure how much taller to add. I am thinking about 3/8 of an inch would be enough.

Is there some method of measurement that would indicate how much of a raise is needed?

I have an adjustable comb, but would like to get my head higher and still see down the rib.

Thanks Jack

6. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I installed the 3/8's and on top of the current rib, it brought it up to the same height as my 100's. I had to give them the measurements which was 29 3/4" in length since my 99 had a 32" barrel. You measure from where the current rib reaches the top of the ramp at the rear of the barrel to the end of the rib at the muzzle. I also had them drill and install a middle bead and drill a hole for the end bead which I installed. It was a very simple installation and they shipped the rib overnight.

7. August1940

August1940 Active Member

Hank 55

Thanks for the reply, that's what I needed to know

Jack

Search tags for this page

higher rib install bt99