1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tall shooting vests

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by oletymer, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oletymer

oletymer Member

0   0   0

Who makes tall shooting vests? My old one is going to need replacement and I checked a lot of sites and they only offer large. Somebody must be making them.

Karl

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

The last ones I got were from C/J Enterprises and being 6'5" I needed the tall also ... They had mine made and they fit like a glove ... I'm not sure if Janet is still selling vests and shooters shirts etc. but she does post on here once in awhile so you might luck out if she see's this posting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I think the E Mail is C_j_Enterprises@hotmail.com

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

All I can share is that at my Orvis (Lombard IL), I just purchased one of our clearanced Ultra Suede Warm Weather mesh vests in a beautiful shade of brown ($69, down from $129). At 5'11, the vest comes down onto my mid-thigh, so while not technically made as a "long" its nice looking (IMO), the price point is definitely worth taking a peek, ordering and if it doesn't meet your needs - can be returned without questioned + Orvis quality and customer service.

www.orvis.com - click on the sale outlet link (upper right), hit hunting (left margin) and pan through the available sizes.

Regards to all,
    Jay Spitz

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info WPT, I sent an email to Janet. I looked at the Orvis but they are too short for me. I am 6"4" and like a longer vest.

5. 27AA

27AA TS Member

0   0   0

Bigcamo.com is where i got my vest from

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gander Mountain carries vests that fit me and my son. (I'm 6'5" my kid is 6'8")I think they come in sizes up to 4X. Nice vest, decent price.
    I also have an older vest that I had made by Chimere, it's a left handed vest and fits OK but the Gander Mountain is just a little longer.

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

0   0   0

Gander, Bigcamo and extreme only show big sizes, not tall. Plese supply a link for tall if you have one, I could not find them.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

I have mine custom made by Shoot The Moon.

Call them and let them make one for you.

http://shotgunveststm.com/

TB

9. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

0   0   0

See Chuck Dietl's article on shooting vests at Shootingbunker.com.

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ganders vest just are made long, My son has the one I bought so I can't look at the label but I'm sure it was just an XXL. I have another buddy who's close to 6'8" that also wears a Gander vest. Your best bet is to go and try one on.

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

0   0   0

My kid is long and rangy and we got him a custom vest made by Chuck Dietl - fantastic quality.

Plessinger Sportswear
    Ph (702) 642-8128

You provide the measurements he asks for and then select the features and colors you want.

Shooting in a custom vest is not anything remotely like wearing something off the rack - this is a performance piece of clothing - as important to a shooter as any other part of their kit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

big and tall shooting vest

big and tall shooting vests

big and tall trap shooting vest
extra tall shooting vests
outsize shooting vests
shooting vest large tall

tall shooting vest

tall size shooting vest