1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tall Posts for adj. comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PMAY, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMAY

PMAY TS Member

Can someone tell me where I can get tall posts for the adj. comb on a Citori Plus. I need some 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch tall.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Pat

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Pat, maybe a local machine shop or someone here on TS.com. I found some nylon bushings at the hardware store that worked out ok. It helped me figure how long I needed them. Also found the longer screws you may need. I then finally found a machinist that made me some replacements the length I needed. It took a while to find a reasonable cost.

3. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

What is it with these guns? I had one and I could not get it to shoot high enough with the standard posts--when I would get it almost high enough it was so high that when I tightened the set screw it caved in the posts. I went to two machine shops and neither one would do the job for me --said it was too small a job and too time consuming. I never could locate the posts I needed and got rid of the gun even tho I liked it. Has anyone else besides me and pmay and one other guy I know had the same problem? I'd find it interesting to know.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

My local gunsmith has always been able to make posts for me. I'll bet that if you check with Ken Rucker or one of the other reputable gunsmiths that frequent this site they should bwe able to help you out.

ec90t

5. tlea

tlea TS Member

Look at your local community college. They almost always have machine tools training and would probably be happy to grind you out a couple.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I got the same run around with the machine shops, until I checked out one tucked in the back of a small industrial park. Showed him the part, he asked "how many, how long and made out of what metal" I said 2 1 1/4 inch stainless. He then took me out back over to a small lathe mic'd out the details entered them in the key pad, programmed it mac/comb/post. Installed the stock. few minutes I had 5 pair in my hand for 20 bucks and a coffee run. he told me remember the program name and if you want more just call give program name pick up on following day. Other shops wanted any where from 50 to 100 set up fee, plus a minimum piece count. This guy told me if its a basic part like this that is not structural and can be made out of common in house stock or scrap will run them through for 25.00 and up. Due to liability he will not make gun parts. As far as most factory post. They do not make them any longer..hmmm how to word this. the post must be short enough for the comb to rest flat. With my extended post the comb sits 1/4icn off the stock when bottomed out.

7. PMAY

PMAY TS Member

So Maclellan, does this mean you can help me with a pair like the ones you have? 1 1/4 inches off the stock would work for me. Please let me know.
    Pat

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Don't need taller posts. Just get longer cap screws and stack washers between the posts and the stock.

Greg Hissem showed me this.

9. PMAY

PMAY TS Member

timb99
    Thank you for passing that solution along. I appreciate your assistance.
    Pat

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

pmay send me a email, I will take some pics of the post I have. If they match up I will send you a pair.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The washer thing is ok, for finding the proper height, But does not always look to good, depending on the washers used. Finding the proper length screws, that was a bit tougher here. I found at local hardware store.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

this would help,,,,,

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0271.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> pmay these work, I got 3 sets 1 1/8long stainless for browning hardware...pre adjustable thru the comb.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

pmay? need them?

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I got 2 sets of these anyone need them, email me with adress.

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

one set left, free

18. PMAY

PMAY TS Member

Maclellan1911,

I've been asleep at the wheel. If you still have that set, I'd like to have them. Please email me at xxpmay2098@yahoo.comxx(with the xx on each end removed. Thank you.
    PMay

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Email sent,,,just give me your adress

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Pmay got one coming, I have one more set....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.