1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Talking Point on SCTP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Wow, I'm impressed. The highest team score at our SCTP state (Iowa) shoot was an 889; it was windy that day, but I don't think it would affect that much. Then the highest individual score was a 192. Your team averaged a 198 which for an SCTP team I just to be insane...I never imagined an SCTP team would have enough skill to shoot 1000 targets and only drop 10...Nice shooting, Josh.

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

If you guys have shot together for the required time period and it can be documented, they have no grounds for their complaints. Tell them to manup and beat us if you can. Good shooting guys and gal!

3. ShotgunTraveler

ShotgunTraveler TS Member

Matt,

Congratulations on your well earned victory! I would say that the complaints from people are caused by jealousy alone. You are correct in what you say and I agree 100% with you, winning the championship should be a motivator to do better and train. Unfortunately, in our society dominated by "soccer moms" we are not suppose to have anyone better than someone else. If it was up to them we would give a trophy to every team that competed and not keep score, that way there child wouldn't have to lose. I think the SCTP is a great program, but it has its downfalls, this being the biggest of them.

I understand where you are coming from because I have been in those shoes myself. Back when I competed as a Junior I actually had parents complain to shoot management about me winning too many trophies. I remember an instance at the Missouri state shoot when a mother told management that I shouldn't be allowed to shoot-off against her son for an open trophy because I was a non-resident and an All-American at the time and her son would obviously not be a worthy opponent. I took great pride in winning that shoot-off and brought the trophy home to Pennsylvania.

Keep fighting and making noise about this. If you need some additional support please contact me. I have been involved with this sport for most of life, I have lots of contacts, and everyone knows me. I would be glad to help you make some noise.

Keep shooting your best and striving to win...you will end up further off than the complainers.

Joe Pascoe

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

What a shame people criticize theses great kids for working hard to achieve their scores. I wish them the best, hope they are able to attend the Grand and have success there as well.

A few years ago one of our teams was victorious at the Grand. I read several
    criticisms about one of the shooters. He was probably the lowest average shooter on the team. But he broke a 100 in the program and won class C. (His previous high was 94). As someone pointed out. It appears to be jealousy.

Just like the time heard comments that any short yardage shooter that shoots a high score is a "dreaded sandbagger". Enough already.

Give this kids applause. - Jim Elliott

5. Stuart

Stuart Member

As a SCTP Coach I am very jealous of your Coach, that he has such a pool of shooters to select from. It takes much commitment from many kids, parents and supporters to get you to this level. Be very proud of what you have done and come back at the Grand and shoot a 992 or better.
    Stuart

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Matt, congrats to your team....hope you shot well (Matt is a student of Leo's Elite) Don't get wrapped up in the politics of any program, just shoot and have fun.

7. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

So when you say they might not have shot at a shoot or on the same team, but they had all shot together, what exactly is meant by that? It seems that perhaps these shooters were hand picked from a broader area than the teams closest to them. And that, I believe, is illegal is it not?

However I sincerely hope that this is not set up or anything like that because not only does that take away from the shooters involved on the time, but perhaps from the team who may have one fairly if there is a team anywhere like one I described above it just will continue to hurt the sport.
    -Phantom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.