1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Talked to La Pierre Saturday 4/24

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

My gun club hosted an NRA Celebraty Shoot last Saturday in Ojai CA.

I was surprised to see Wayne La Pierre and managed to pull him aside for about 5 minutes.

I talked to him about talking to his buddy Michael Steele of the RNC and urging him to push more campaign funds towards defeating Democrats in CA.

I have harped on this point many times here, some of you may have actually read my rants on this subject. The key to the defeat of gun control and frankly most of all the BS legislation is to change CA politics by pushing it back to the right. You can say what you want, but you gotta know by now, It all starts here.

I think I might have made some small impression on Wayne, he said he would talk to Steele and maybe they will act.

Today I talked to Larry Potterfield at Midway USA and asked him to call LaPierre and remind him to talk to Steele about funding CA.

Who knows maybe I can start some change in this F%^&*#D UP state, which I really don't want to leave.

Wish me luck.

Randy

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good luck. I gave up and left......

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well done Randy. Sadly Steele is a horse's ass who is more interested in screwing up and then justifying it than he is in getting conservatives elected.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

It makes sense to me for an organization to fund campaigns that appear might be successful. Unfortunately, there are some far left wingers who be be re-elected no matter what we do. Some of them are in California.

Pat Ireland

5. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Pat: the big problem is that the RNC askes for money from CA but they don't want to spend any here "because they consider the state to be a lost cause".

I consider this statement complete BS and in fact i'd like to rip the persons face off for even considering such a thing.

There are 57 House seats up for grabs and one Senate seat which the Reps have away better than even chance of taking. Also Governor.

Problem is not the federal officials, they don't write the laws for CA. The Assembly, and State Senate of CA does that. Right now it is about 65/35 liberal.

But the people in power are only there because nobody else is running for their seats., because they can't afford a campaign. The reason why it is like that is because the DNC spends money like crazy here, and the RNC,,,, Well, see above for this answer.

People, all of the bullshit laws you don't like come from here originally. Think it can't happen to you,,,, Well, How did Al Franken get elected? It already did happen to you!

Right now there is 2 laws proposed we are fighting like hell to get shot down in committee, one mandates Registration of all long guns even though they are already registered at point of sale. And the other mandates removal of all lead shotgun shells from use in state controlled areas. Even thought Fish & Game states there is no scientific evidence to support such a ban. It will probably get passed anyway because both houses are heavily baised towards the liberal side. This law will mean the end of bird hunting in CA! Which is exactly what they want. The only chance we have is if Governator vetos it. But he may not even see it and it may get passed by Meggie who is not a republican in the normal sense of the word. She'll cave to get funding for schools or some other BS pet project.

We'll see,,, but in the end if things don't change in our favor it will only get worse ,,,,,much worse. At what point does the militia activate?

Randy

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hate to say it... Maybe it would be better is all of the gun owners in California moved inland to say... Carson City and Reno all the way down to Sandy Valley and make that the new west coast. Just drop that state into the ocean along with all of their elected officials, state and federal.

JMHO....

Jerbear

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Randy- I have no idea how much money is generated by the RNC form CA and how much money is spent by the RNC in CA. I do believe that most of the country considers California a rather queer Duck. The state that gave us one of the best Presidents a few years ago now gives us possibly the worst House Speaker we have ever seen. I am certain that the rumor one has to speak Spanish to be eligible to vote in California is false. It is known that much of California is moving North, along a geological fault, at a rate of nearly two inches a year. Another rumor is that a group from Kansas has been pouring oil into the fault to speed things up a bit. Do you have any knowledge about this? California has a major economic impact on the other 49 States. Please do what you can to keep this impact positive.

Also, I do donate a little money to politicians who have views similar to mine. As a favor just to you, please provide me with one name of a good person running for a political position in CA and I will make a donation to him/her. Also, please keep my offer a secret form my local Republican Committee-- they are greedy and my donation to CA will come from my donation to VA.

Pat Ireland

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Pat: The reason for the "Queer Duck" is the RNC pulled out of here 25 years ago and what you see now is what happens with no support from the right.

Please,,, Donate to Steve Poizner runnning for Governor against Meg Whitman.

Jerbear: This is where I live and I owe more than it's worth, and whereas I like Reno alot, I can't afford to live there if I can't sell at a profit here. This property was my retirement. Now it's my liability, and if things don't change, IE Obama bails me out or we win the lottery, We may be able to stay here 2-3 more years before we have to walk away. We don't have Health Ins either and the new deal won't get us any because we look like we have too much money. By the time I'm 65 medicare will be gone and I'll really be screwed.

The Sub Prime BS (die Goldman-Sachs!!!) and this President are the worst things that could have happend to me.

These people are the worst government we've had since I've been alive. 60years!

I actually AM one of the guys pouring oil into the fault cuz unless CA falls in the ocean it's only a matter of time until I'm completely broke.

What did you say you guys say your addresses are, maybe we'll come live with you's.

Randy

[​IMG]

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Chuck DeVore running against Babs Boxer, one of the "Macbeth three". I am hearing very good things about this guy.

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Yes, the only one of those 3 Senate candidates you talk about that I don't like is Tom Campbell. But Boxer must be defeated, she has done nothing for this state but close down wilderness areas and stop offshore drilling. Feinstein at least brings money to the state, even if her husband's company is the main recipient.

Whitman is just like Arnold without a weiner. She is definately not pro gun, and the fact she came out with Attack ads on Poizner in January tells me she ain't right. She is very well funded, but by the exact people she shouldn't be funded by. IE Goldman-Sachs, and other wall street banks. i wonder what they think they are going to get for their $$$.

I'm hoping Poizner wins the primary for Gov. Poizner will make CA act like AZ's big brother. But any Republican who gets elected will have a real tough time with an idiotic left wing legislature. Which is exactly what happened to Arnold. His reign was officially done when his ballot initatives got killed by the Teachers Union. Now he has to make compromises he doesn't want to get anything done. IE Lead Bullet ban for the Condor Sanctuary which is essentially everything from Monterey down.

The Takeover must come from below not from above. And this is what I've been talking about all along, funding the local state candidates for CA Assembly and Senate. Without a change in the legislature nothing will get done, except the things we don't want like gun control.

This is where all of the Bullshit laws come from, CA's state legislature ! That's why it must change here first. Mark my words.

Randy

11. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Arnold is a much a RINO as anyone ever was. The legislature didn't turn him into one. He's married to a Kennedy; what did you expect?

Steele is a lost cause as well. He just wants to live like a king on RNC funds.

EE

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Randy- I found his web site and I will make a donation. I am not sure the RNC abandoned CA or CA abandon the Republicans.

Pat Ireland

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Randy, you don't want to come up here. Next to the toilet Detroit, we had our high school locked down yesterday. 15 kids, all black, from surrounding cities came, one had a gun, they wanted to "chat" with one the students.

The police nabbed all of them and the judge is holding everyone, but the one that had the gun on $25,000.00 cash bond. The gunman/ kid has yet to be arraigned.

My neighbor, works at the court, said these kids just about sh!t themselves when they found out they had to come up with 25K to get out. No 10%, $25,000.00 , the judge is sending a message to these punks, don't come here and cause trouble.

We seem to be averaging about 100 concealed pistol licenses issued a day now. People are tired of being afraid to walk the streets.

Today - there are approximately 225920 Michigan CPL holders.

Jerbear

14. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Jerbear: My family left Michigan in 1956, I was born in St Clair Shores in 1949. We lived in Okemos from 54-56.

I sold a product to a guy who lives there and he was kind enough to take some pictures for me. My Grandpas house is still there but now it is on 1/4 AC instead of 10AC like it was in the 50's. The house my father built in 54-55 is gone and is a strip mall now.

My dad always said Michigan was a good place to go broke,and in fact was succesful in doing it 3 separate times.

There is only a few basic things wrong with CA.

#1 too many people, Close to 40 Million)which breeds too many laws.

#2 too many liberals in control, thinking the solution to everyones problems is laws for everyones problems. Mostly executed in the form of fining you into submission, and if that doesn't work then they raise the fine.

#3 too many people who think the answer to all of our problems is solar energy, and Toyota Prius's. As a result of the oil spill in the GUF we will never see another offshore platform here, and just when it looked like they were going to open it up.

You all do understand, gas prices WILL start going up next week. Buy now, cause it will get much worse.

You saw the picture of my house, I don't really want to move, I just want the state fixed. But it takes big money to do it. I shouldn't have to tell anyone here that politics is all about money. In fact the Supreme Court just drove that point home about 3 months ago.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.