1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Talk Trapshooting!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

When I arrived at our local club this morning, I noticed one of my friends had left his lights on. I entered the clubhouse and said, "Jim, you left your car lights on." Well, all hell broked loose. The club president, standing behind the desk, rebuked me severely. He informed me (loudly) that this was a trap club and that statements or conversations that were not trap related, would not be tolerated.

He further informed me that an ATA rule concerning this subject was in the works and would be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

I wonder what that was all about.

Booger Blue

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's already in the 2008 book, Blue. Look for it in the new section "Hanging Offenses." I suggest that you, in particular, become throughly familiar with it.

Neil

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I can't find my 2008 rule book yet but if that's in there my card will be cut in half this afternoon.

The ATA, Armature Trap Accountants will not tell me what I can talk about in my club.

Jerbear

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Stalin would be proud of the new rule. B12

5. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

"Me in particular?" I, along with others, just think a little levity, in most situations, doesn't harm anyone. Some orange juice often helps the castor oil go down easier.

B Blue

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

L know I would have told the club president to pound salt

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Wooosh!!!The sound of humor flying over the head.

JON

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Hey Guys. This was an attempt at humor. I was just pickin' at the Moderators a bit.

Blue

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I didn't mean mine seriously either, Blue. We apparently have to be _really_ careful around here . . .

Neil

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

You're right, Neil. "Tongue in Cheek" comments can be taken wrong.

Peace, everyone. Blue

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hmmm. Sounds like Derf doean't have a sense of humor. Kinda sounded familiar though. Mike

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Holy Smoke, even a dumb farmer like me figured it out to be tongue in something anyway. I think Jerbear was playing with you guys, he's quicker than that. Ben

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

The "Armature Trap Accountants" was coined by a few at my club that did not renew their membership. I haven't shot many ATA events as I did last year by this time and may not even make my 1000 target minimum this year. Other things have come before shooting and the cost of registered targets have made those shoots a lower priority. Birds have gone up and shells as well.

I have more fun on the sporting clays course Joking with my kids and friends and league trap and skeet then burning through a $100 bill for a registerd shoot.

yes I was making fun as well as Neil and Blue but with the estamated cost of $3.50 a gallon of gas this summer, fishing is starting to look more afortable to spend time with my kids.

Jerbear

14. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Devilsadvocate made a good observation

I had no problem figuring it {Blue's and Neil's posts] out either.

And of course Jerbear was just putting icing on the joke, on his slowest day he is too quick to miss the original humor.

In the past, the "problem" posts were never subtle, or gentle joshing. Most of them [posts/threads that gave the Mods <i>et. al.</i> heartburn were far from subtle. The words overt and glaring leap to mind.

This post is hate free.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Derf, aren't the MODS trying to get rid of the smartxxx remarks? Buy the way is odor a wit of Sxxx? Let's be nice now so we don't get a site violation tichet.Mike.

16. m70win

m70win Member

I'm going to Email the moderators and complain. Wa Wa Wa!

Tim

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Nom I believe this is what they are trying to get rid of. If you want to keep on going with this feel free. I don't have anythingelse to say to you. You and I both know it was a typo. I was refering to a ticket apparently your sense of humor is lacking something. You win I quit.Mike

18. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Been a long winter.Some of us need to move south.

Bo

19. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

nomderf said;

"Tons of good info and some really great people. However there was a mutual admiration society that crept in like a cancer.

It amazes me that folks are whining and crying about the mods creating a structure to eradicate the foolishness that has gone on for months and years."

That pretty well sums it up,,all of it.

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Derf, I think we let it get out of hand, so on my part, I apologize if I have offended you. I try to answer threads with a light heart and a little good humor. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.