1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Talk about cops getting out of hand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Catpower, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Oppps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WGxnG5Me9bk

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

try this

3. A guy with a knife can close 15 feet in less that 1.5 seconds. He should have put the knife down. The cops are going ome to their families like they should.

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bullet count was excessive to me. I guess they don't have tasers in Saginaw?

5. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Early in my law enforcement days we had a seminar on the tueller drill. The 21ft rule Most people can cover 21ft before most people can bring a gun out and fire. A taser may or may not have worked. It seems to me deadly force was met with deadly force. Try the old saying never take a knife to a gun fight Life on the streets isnt tv land where the hero fires one shot and its all over.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It seems to me that bad things happen when you refuse to listen to orders given by the police, especially if you have a weapon in your hand.

7. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

This video shows what happens when cops have zero to little practical training.. They made so many tactical errors which cost them their lives.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>

Man with knife kills 4 police officers...

</body>
    </html>

There have been countless studies on why and how ANYONE in a deadly force situation will shoot their gun empty. There are physiological reasons that can only be subdued through countless hours of real world training scenarios that are only afforded to elite military units and some of the larger SWAT teams in the nation.

Regardless, action is always faster than reaction. The cops in that video had a duty to keep the maniac from killing a civilian. 6 cops, the bad guy makes a move, an average of 5-6 shots per cop... Great shoot, they shot until the threat was stopped and posed no danger to anyone to include law enforcement themselves. Probably one or two of those cops emptied their mags and the reaming only got off a shot or two before cease firing.

Regardless, it is ignorant to think that somehow there is going to be a 'lead' shooter and if shots need to be fired, the other law enforcement officers in the immediate danger zone will hold fire and evaluate whether or not the lead shooter is actually stopping the threat. There isn't time for a pow wow to decide who will shoot and how many rounds! Some guys have forgotten that Hollywood movies to include the old time westerns where a knife wielder is disarmed with a karate move or the knife is shot out of the guys hand.

These officers were in no movie, this turd started the fight, they finished it. End of story.

8. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

It didn't work out very well for the Earp's!

9. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Catpower,
    I'm almost 70 and still work for our local Sheriff's Dept. Knives are one of our worst enemy's. In close quarters a gun does no good.
    I'm very sorry a person got killed, but if he had not pulled a knife on L.E. he would be alive today!
    We do want to go home at the end of shift.
    Mike C.

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anybody with a contact weapon is certainly a threat to you at 7 yds. As said before, that distance can be covered before you may be able to react and fire. A refusal to put down such weapon may be taken as prima facie evidence of intent to use same.

11. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Since guns were drawn, the threat of force by the perp was met with a threat of force from the police, why did the police escalate to the use of force?

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

That video is shot from too far back to the exact movements of the Subject. We don't know the exact positioning of all six officers and when knife wielding man appears to walk away towards the immediate containment area towards the rest of population, it appears at first glance that he may have turned around. Based on his rants and talking about not being afraid of the dog, let the dog out, etc... it is purely a guess, but wouldn't surprise me if he was told that the police would shoot if he didn't stop moving and at that time he mouths something about yal then shoot me and starts to turn to move back towards law enforcement.

It is all a guess and we can not see with detail everything as it transpired or here everything that transpired, just some of the yelling here and there.

Details of body actions are so important that we use multiple referees, line judges etc., in different sports to observe actions within just a few feet and different angles. It is really difficult to judge the officers on exactly their actions with that poor view, the same as trying to referee a basketball game from that distance, or mark a first down...

13. 9point3

A riot baton or two would have worked very well

14. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

9point3 with a baton - a perp with a butcher knife - who's the ambulance coming for?

15. 9point3

I'm not talking about the lil thing that cops wear on their belt, I mean a real 4 foot long riot baton ala Buford Pusser.

16. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Patriot861 and fastgun are totally correct. A weapon in hand means intent to use. Justifiable. End of story. ed nicols

17. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

9point3, you watch too many movies my friend. You may get one swing at the guy which he will block or take without effect and he will be right on top of you slashing and stabbing and you will be on your way to the morgue. Why would you even think about going into a lethal confrontation with a piece of wood?

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I guess they were justified shoot him/at him what did they say 46 times?

Too bad they killed him he would have been an Olympic gold medal winner if he can cover 5 yds before they could pull the trigger, their guns were drawn down on him

Guess it really was better to do him in that way they didn't have to pay for medical bills etc

How many times do you think they will shoot you when they come after your guns, and you have them in your hands and the cops decide you are a threat to them, they are always justified

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Catpower, I gotta agree with you. From the video they had their guns drawn, and if a 49 year old man can cover the distance between them before they can pull the trigger???? When the first shot was fired they all unloaded on him. Were they all under immediate threat??

The video showed they were in a crowded area too. To be spraying 46 bullets around, lucky they didn't .......

20. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Here is another video that drives home the point.

Watch how many times the "perp" strikes before the officer can react. These officers were not told this was coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.