1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Talahassee, Fl Trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WNCRob, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Are there any trap clubs throwing registered clays near Tallahassee? What about sporting clays?

Thanks.

WNCRob

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Tallahassee Rifle & Pistol Club throws registered targets on the first Sunday of each month. We shoot practice every Saturday & Sunday at 9:00 am. Non-members welcome.

<a href="http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/gary0920/?action=view&current=DSC00025.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Sporting Clays are held on the 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of each month. Check the web site for contact information. Go to events and click on the calander.

Gulf Rifle Club in Port St. Joe shoots registered targets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday.

Gary Rickard

3. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

I'm just getting back to shooting and I live in Tallahasse also. For Sporting Clays, It looks like there is a range named Grey Branch out towards Thomasville Ga (just over the state border). Try the NSSA.com website and you can search for Sporting Clays ranges by State. Coon Bottom Gun Club east of Havana throws registered skeet, but I'm not sure about Sporting Clays or Trap. Hope this helps.

Ken Carlton

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Coon Bottom has skeet, trap and 5 stand. They do not shoot any registered other than "monthly targets" in skeet.

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

WNCRob come on out and shoot with us at Tallahasse Rifle and Pistol Club, great bunch of guys, good targets, laid back atmosphere, your welcome to come join us.

Bulldog50 that invite is extended to you also, come on out and have some fun.

Rick

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Gents... if you wouldn't mind a "yankee" coming down to shoot, I visit near Dothan and would drive down and across through Bonifay - what would you estimate driving time in the early AM from Bonifay to Tallahassee on I10?

Shooting hours same all year long... I typically visit family in the Fall/Winter months?

Thanks,

Jay

7. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Many thanks for all of the friendly and inviting comments. We are considering moving to Tallahassee, and as Trap and Sporting Clays are a true passion for me, I had hoped to find an active club or two in the area, as I enjoy not only the club comraderie, but also shooting at local and regional tournaments. Looks like (thanks for the pictures!) a very friendly and fun club. Hope to see you this fall if all works out.

WNCRob

8. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Jay - Just at 80 miles from Bonifay to Tallahassee, about another 20 minutes to the club which is actually in Woodville. Also, check out Gulf Rifle Club in Port St. Joe. They would be a little be closer. I hate to give them the big head, but they are a good bunch of guys too, and have registered shoots on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays.

Gary

9. spitter

Thank you!

Jay

10. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Jay,

TRPC goes to 9AM Saturdays and 12noon Sundays as DST ends, which I beleive is November 2nd this year. Registered targets (1st Sundays) start 9AM year-round.

Bonifay to Tallahassee usually takes ~90 minutes - we're less that 15 minutes south of the airport, so I'd plan on 1:30 to 1:45 trip time at the speed limit.

Kevin

11. royboy

royboy Member

Rob, We didn't know you were moving? What the H___ is that all about? Hate to see you leave. cw

12. spitter

When I know my dates, I'll drop a line about coming down and shooting...

regards to all,

Jay

13. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Jay, Talahassee is probably about 90- min. drive time from Bonifay. Just remember that you will cross into the eastern time zone before you reach Tallahassee so you will have to add an hour going east. Also Port Saint Joe is in the eastern time zone. Both places are great places to shoot and some really good folks there. Actually from Bonifay Pt. St. Joe and Talahassee are almost the same in milage distance.

14. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

I live just north of tallahassee and grey branch is only 5 miles from my house and is run by a friend of mine and they have lost interest in the club and not sure what will happen there.
    I think the best club in the area is Quail Point just a few miles east of Thomasville GA they have a Great covered 5-stand with 10 traps at least 3 traps are off towers,they change the layout often and it's as good or as hard a layout you will find any where.they have 2 more 5 stand stand cages off to the left side and also 5 stand cages off to the right.
    They also have a shooting platform that is 30/40 feet in the air that has 5 levels you shoot from this it my favorite part of shooting they offer.
    They also have 1 trap/skeet field that is used less than the rest of the club.
    they have some good shooters there all the time and some come up from tallahasse to shoot there.
    they are open tuesday after 6.00 and shoot till 10.00 under the light,open sat and sundays 1.pm till 6.pm
    I will try and take some pictures when I go again.

Jim White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sporting clays near tallahassee