1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking up slack on Perazzi Trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

How do you take up the creep on a perazzi trigger?

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The creep you feel is the clearance between the tree and sear. You always have to maintain a few thousands play for the tree to come in contact with the sear. If you don't have the tools to do this job, then it's best to let someone who is familiar with doing this handle it for you.

3. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

On this one trigger the tree does not move,its the trigger moving before the tree moves.Its enough on the one that you have to take up the slack before you shoot.

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I have several several Perazzi's ranging in age from 1975-2004 and all my triggers operate the same. The tree is pinned to the trigger in a toggle configuration, and the only free play will come from the clearance between the tree and sear step. Is your trigger a pull or release?

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

This one happens to be a pull trigger.

7. dward

dward Member

Before I switched to a release I took the creep out of my double perazzi pull trigger by bending the sear arm that extends back to the tree a very small amount. The tree is attached to the trigger base, so the only area for creep or slack is between the tree and where it engages the sear arm. But you should only remove the slack on the side the trigger fires first. There needs to be some space between the tree and the sear arm for the inertial block to work properly on the second shot. The slack on the second shot allows the tree to engage the sear arm properly when the inertial block comes forward.

This probably is something best left to a gunsmith....but I did it a few times. The metal in the sear arm is not real hard, and it will bend some....but I'm sure it can be broken if bent too much.

8. dward

dward Member

After reading Chugiakshooters second post where it's stated that "the trigger moves before the tree moves".......my experience is only with double mx style triggers.......but the tree is pinned to the trigger and they move together. And the only way the trigger could move without the tree moving would be if the pin were broken, or if the hole in the tree (the pin goes through) was elongated enough to allow one to move without the other.

9. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Now we know where to look,thanks.Because the tree would never move,the trigger would move enough that when you would try to shoot it felt like the should have went off until the slack was taken up then go off.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You would think when you spend thousands of dollars on a target grade shotgun it would have some adjustment screws you could turn and get the trigger just the way you like it. HMB

11. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Is there a trap trigger available that adjusts pull weight like a good rifle? I have seen plenty of adjustable LOP, but not weight of pull. I guess I am lucky that the 3.5 lbs that Perazzi sets agrees with me.

12. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

I make the tree without a hole this way you can adapting it to your trigger and eliminating the distance from the tree to the sears.
    The cost id $ 55.00 USD delivered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.