1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

taking a break from shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rooferbob, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I'm not much on shooting in the cold either so I go to Florida for all three big shoots and the problem is solved at least for me!Rooferbob

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I shoot because I enjoy it. If it's to cold to be enjoyable, what's the point of shooting??

Hey, it was down to 68degrees last Saturday here....I put another sweater on and stayed home with the theromostat turned up. :)

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I used to shoot a winter league as well as practice all winter, probably 50-75 rounds over 6 months. Last year I shot a couple league shoots, and a couple rounds of practice, for a total of maybe 20 rounds. This year, I've shot 2 rounds of skeet since labor day, maybe 10 rounds of sporting clays, and thats it. I don't plan on shooting at all any more when its below freezing. I'll have ALOT more fun (and productive practice) once the weather breaks and i'm back to 20-30 rounds a week plus registered skeet.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We shoot every sunday here in western iowa. Winter leagues are busier than in the summer. Less stuff going on elsewhere I guess.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I am shootintg one winter league to support my home club and little else. The rest of the trap dollars stay in the bank until spring shooting season. Shells cost too much to shoot a quick "freeze round" then run for the clubhouse.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

You should NEVER take a break from shooting! If you are a REAL trapshooter, you will learn to shoot naked in the winter at the closest nudist colony that has a trap range.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Our winter league is bigger than spring summer, what else is there to do???

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

May sound strange, but 20 of us ONLY shoot in the Winter. For US it's GOLF in the Summer/Trap in the Winter.Pretty COOL to shoot in a Blizzard..N.W. OHIO.
    Also, there are 10-20 "REAL" trapshooters that do 30yd. Oakley's every Thurs. ALL Winter.Helps when you've been "fitted" for Carharts!

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Frankly with the cost of gas/diesel, lead, and the change in lighting, I am thinking seriously about a winter break. My eyes have gotten to the stage that if it gets real cloudy I can't see the damn birds so I am wasting time, money and effort. Just my 2 cents.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.