1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(Taken Care Of) WTB 16 G Hulls and Wads

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by k3uro, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3uro

k3uro Member

0   0   0

Hey,

Picked up an old 16 and a reloader but nothing to reload. If you have somthing you want to part with let me know. Please be specific as to what you have, price and shipping plus quantity.

Take care,

Jim

sbcoachjim@aol.com

2. k3uro

k3uro Member

0   0   0

Ops,

I forgot.

405-408-6525

3. cochise

cochise TS Member

0   0   0

I have at least several thousand 16 ga Remington Gameload hulls. $40.00 per 500 + whatever shipping is from MD. I probably have 250 or so short RST hulls too.

4. Model32Shooter

Model32Shooter Member

0   0   0

Hey Jim,

I have 100 brand new,factory, unprimed Fiocchi 2 1/2" 16 ga. hulls for $8.00 plus the cheapest shipping I can get to your door.

If you are interested, PM me with your Zip Code and I'll get a firm quote out to you.

Thanks!
    Bob

5. Model32Shooter

Model32Shooter Member

0   0   0

PM sent also.

Thanks!

Bob

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Does anyone sell wads for 16ga anymore?
    Disregard, Googled up plenty of them - pricey.

7. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

There are plenty of compnents for the 16, the best of all gauges. Go to Graf and Sons, Mexico, Mo. website. Their 16 gauge Cheddite low-brass hulls are the best on the market, they will last an average of 5 - 7 loadings. Use the Cheddite wads or the Gualandi G-28 wads for 1-ounce loads. I suggest that you stay away form any 16 gauge wad clones, they load u[ my guns with heavy plastic streaks at the muzzle. You can also use the Remington 1 1/8 ounce wads but you will need to insert a 28-gauge OP wad in the cup to keep from having to make any adjustments to your loader. I get mine from Precision, it takes about 1/2 hour to stuff a 250-wad bag of the SP 16s. If you want to use once-fired cases, use the Federal or Estate 16 gauge. The Remington and Winchester cases are not worth picking up. Any primer is okay if you don't try to max out your loads, keep them to 1100-1140 FPS.

I have been loading for the 16 (I have 16 16-gauge guns) for well over 40 years and at present I shoot over 3,000 16 gauge rounds per year, and the best powder I have ever found for the 16 is Solo 1250. I hear it has been discontinued but there is still a lot of it around. I suggest strongly that you do not use Longshot under any circumstances, it is loud, boomy, and dirty in the 16. Ditto Unique. 1250 gives very mild recoil at about 1100 FPS and patterns very well shot sizes from 6 - 9. I use #8s for trap, skeet, doves and wobble, #5 for squirrels and rabbits, and #4 for turkey. I don't have very many opportunities for duck hunting so can't comment on that, but I do use Brenneke 1-ounce slugs in an A-5 that somone had equipped with a scope base. I load #1 buckshot in the 1 1/8 ounce SP 16s when I need buckshot, which is not very often.

There is absolutely no difference in loading the 16 than when loading the 12. I use a Grabber for most of my loading but use my ancient MEC Jr. when experimenting, which is what I do continually.

These recommendations are for modern 16 gauge guns. I have an elderly, 1920s vintage Ithaca SXS that I use frequently for dove and then I reduce my loads to 1000 - 1050 for that gun. I use a Oehler 35 chronograph to determine the speed of all of my concoctions.

I think you will enjoy the 16, it is a very pleasant change from the 12. Un- less you just like recoil in which case I suggest you invest in a box of Rio heavy field loads, they'll tear your arm off.

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

The Remington Hull will be the one that you can most easily find in once fired condition. Downrange makes a 16ga wad now and that wad in the Remington hull makes a good 7/8oz load with International Clays and a Remington primer. There's been a lot of interest in the 16 over the past 10 years, so now there's a lot more data out there than there was in the past. The best place to find load info is through the website 16ga.com.

9. dhg

dhg TS Member

0   0   0

ttt

10. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Wahoo/Bridge - very informative posts, will be useful to me if I decide to start reloading my M31. Thanks!

11. k3uro

k3uro Member

0   0   0

Hey,

Thanks for all the interest, my needs are satisfied for now. Neighbor bought the gun.

Take care,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are 16 gauge rio hulls actually cheddites

cheddite loads with 16 ga remington wads