1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Take Action! Tell your Senators to Stop Socialized

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Go to the above link for all the info on how these clowns are trying to pass bills without debate.

Jerbear

Action Alert

Take Action! Tell your Senators to Stop Socialized Health Care

We told you about efforts to jam a cap-and-trade energy tax through the Senate using reconciliation, a trick to avoid proper debate and the normal 60 vote requirement for important legislation, and you sprung into action, generating a flood of calls and emails to the Senate and IT WORKED. WE WON that fight and kept cap-and-trade out of reconciliation.

Last week, Sen. Johanns introduced a budget amendment to prohibit the use of reconciliation for cap-and-trade, and it passed on a solid 67-31 vote. Every Republican supported the amendment, as did 26 Democrats. Before the Johanns amendment passed, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid indicated he wanted to do both cap-and-trade and health care under reconciliation, saying that cap-and-trade revenues would be "exactly how much we need for the first phase of health care reform."

Unfortunately, THERE IS NO TIME TO CELEBRATE, because now Democrats are poised to pull the reconciliation trick for their plan to NATIONALIZE AND RATION HEALTH CARE.

There are a few senators that are going to be very influential in this fight. If you know anyone in the following states please forward this email to them: Arkansas, Indiana, Montana, Nevada and North Dakota. We need your help to get the word out!

While the Senate passed a budget resolution without reconciliation language, the House budget specifically includes a section authorizing the use of reconciliation for a national health care plan. This is despite the fact that reconciliation is only relevant in the Senate, where it can short-circuit debate and pass legislation with only 50 votes instead of the regular 60.

This is a TRICK to let Senate Democrats claim they passed a budget without reconciliation, only to have it slipped back in during conference committee, when the House and Senate budgets are combined.

Please click here to send a message to your senator OPPOSING HEALTH CARE RECONCILIATION.

The dean of the Senate, Sen. Robert C. Byrd, Democrat from West Virginia, has made it crystal clear that this is not what reconciliation is for, saying, "I was one of the authors of the legislation that created the budget 'reconciliation' process in 1974, and I am certain that putting health-care reform and climate change legislation on a freight train through Congress is an outrage that must be resisted."

The stakes are enormous. Two big steps toward government-run health care are already in place with the national health information database and the comparative effectiveness research that were hidden in the stimulus plan. We are now only a few steps away from establishing a national health board that will RATION CARE based on the results of comparative effectiveness research, and a coverage mandate designed to, over time, shift more and more people into a government-run and government-controlled health care plan.

Moving health care nationalization through reconciliation will SILENCE moderate Democrats and Republicans and produce the most aggressive, big-government health care plan possible. Any government plan to restructure one sixth of our economy deserves to be debated fully under the regular rules of the Senate.

Please click here to send a message to your senator OPPOSING HEALTH CARE RECONCILIATION.

Take Action

1 Compose Message

Message Recipients:

Your U.S. Senators

Delivery Method:

Email

Printed Letter

Subject:

Editable text:

(edit or add your own text - 8688 characters left)

I urge you to OPPOSE health care reconciliation!

Last week, Sen. Johanns introduced a budget amendment to prohibit the use of reconciliation for cap-and-trade, and it passed on a solid 67-31 vote. Every Republican supported the amendment, as did 26 Democrats. Before the Johanns amendment passed, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid indicated he wanted to do both cap-and-trade and health care under reconciliation, saying that cap-and-trade revenues would be ?exactly how much we need for the first phase of health care reform.?

While the Senate passed a budget resolution without reconciliation language, the House budget specifically includes a section authorizing the use of reconciliation for a national health care plan. This is a TRICK to let Senate Democrats claim they passed a budget without reconciliation, only to have it slipped back in during conference committee, when the House and Senate budgets are combined.

Moving health care nationalization through reconciliation will SILENCE moderate Democrats and Republicans and produce the most aggressive, big-government health care plan possible. Any government plan to restructure one sixth of our economy deserves to be debated fully under the regular rules of the Senate.

I therefore urge you to OPPOSE health care reconciliation!

Tip: Cutting-and-pasting? Save as plain text first.

Your Closing:

Your Name:

2 Sender Information

This system requires that you provide your name and contact information. This information will not be used for any purpose other than to identify you to the recipient.

Your Contact Information:

Prefix (required by some officials)

Select... Mr. Ms. Mrs. Miss Dr. Rev. Hon.

First*

Last*

Email*

Address*

City*

State*

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming American Samoa Guam Puerto Rico Virgin Islands

ZIP*

ZIP + 4

Phone

Student

Remember Me! (what's this?)

Sign me up for the Action E-List.

A copy of your message will be sent to the e-mail address entered above.

2. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Jerbear, just sent email to Sentors Bayh and Lugar.

John

3. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I asked they not vote for the bailouts and look what we got.

I am begining to wonder if they give a shi+...........

Wait a minute, I know they don't............

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Done,Thanks

5. bocephus

bocephus Member

The liberals have an agenda and the sheople will have no affect on them. In fact most sheople will just roll over and go back to sleep- and that goes for 90% of the socalled conservatives in this once great USA. It is about over folks, those of us that have been preaching that this was coming are getting tired.

We do not have 2 years to wait so we can attempt to elect more socalled conservatives to public office to stop what is happening at an alarming rate right before our very eyes. We either act now and march on our government and demand they stop this tyranny and back it up with more than words or march off the cliff, and I predict most will choose the cliff!

Well???????????????????????????????????????????????

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Done.

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I have sent so much to my reps and senators they think I am part of the staff by now.

They know how you feel they just don't give a sh55.

Rock Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.