1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TAKE A SHOT AT CANCER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powerstroke, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Harrison Gun & Conservation Club is proud to host the 2nd Annual TAKE A SHOT AT CANCER.

50 Bird Trap Shoot - Saturday, May 5th 2012 at Harrison Gun Club, Harrison, OH
    All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society and are credited to the Relay For Life Of Harrison.

This is a "Just for Fun" 50 bird trap shoot, with 25 birds @ 16 yards and 25 birds @ 20 yards. $25 per shooter, Lunch, dessert and pop/water are included. One Luminaria for the Relay is included per shooter. Door Prizes and Basket Raffles will be available. Shooting starts at 10:00 a.m. Squads will be formed of up to 5 people each squad. Individuals will be matched up. Pre-Registration for time slots is recommended but not required. Shotgun Shells (12 gauge) will be available for purchase. Any skill level is welcome! T-Shirts for this occasion will be available for purchase $12.00 per shirt.If you cannot attend you can send donation. Make check payable to the American Cancer Society.A taxID # for donation purposes can be furnished upon request.You can send Check to 6433 Morgan Road, Cleves, Ohio 45002

For questions contact: Daphne Walter @ 513-353-9766 or 513-617-6033

2. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great shoot

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I think this is a wonderful thing to do. I will mark the calendar, just in case I get the day off!

Deb

4. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Great Thing

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Up for a great cause. Good luck and good shooting.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice job, we need more of these benefit shoots

7. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Great Idea

8. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great cause

9. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great time

10. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great idea

11. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great time

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes, we do. This one is too far away. (Well, even if it was local I can't shoot trap anyway until my neck heals.) My dad passed away from cancer a year and a half ago.

13. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great cause

14. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great cause

15. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great stooh

16. ltsc1

ltsc1 Member

This is a great cause and a lot of fun.

17. DaphneWalter

DaphneWalter TS Member

Hi Everyone! Since we have had such a great response regarding our fundraiser, Take A Shot At Cancer, we have set up a donation page through the American Cancer Society / Relay For Life. Anyone is welcome to make a donation of any amount, even $1.

Secure donations can be made by credit card directly to the American Cancer Society through the Relay For Life fundraising page. Take A Shot At Cancer gets full credit/recognition of every donation made through this page. If you would like to make a donation on our behalf, please go to: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/takeashot

Thank you for your support and helping your fellow trap shooters make a difference in the fight against cancer!

Daphne Walter, Harrison Gun Club Member and Take A Shot At Cancer / Relay For Life of Harrison Event Chairperson.

18. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

great shoot

19. E.D. Va

E.D. Va TS Member

Wonderful job well done! My trap chairperson and I devised a program whereby Registered shooters at our local events could volunteer to make a pledge anywhere from .10 to a dollar for lost targets during our shoots. They choose the event, Singles, Handicap or Doubles and made the committment to track and honor their respective "pledge" through May 15th, or pay at the end of the day. We titled the program "Make Your Losses Count". Turned out pretty well at our specific club but we had hoped that the State Association would get the hint and join in. Maybe next year.

We respect and honor those that have joined in to our program. Some via the pledge and a number of others that have just put their cash in the hat, so to speak. These dollars will also be truned in to our local Relay for Life program.

Our most sincere Thanks to those that made their "Losses Count".

L. Charette

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

take a shot at cancer