1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Take a hint......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ken1okie, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

If you have an item in the "FOR SALE" section, and you've had 10 to 18K views and no sales......."YOU MAY BE OVERPRICED"!!!!!!!!!!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Over priced or people are not spending like they normally would because they do not know what to expect in Obama's second term ... When a gun is listed for half of what it would retail for I seriously doubt its over priced ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So make an offer on it. Sheesh.

4. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Please point out the half priced ones....then I'll make an offer.

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

One thing I personally do,is if a price is listed without OBO listed,I try not to make an offer,figure they are firm on price.Now,in some cases,if I've seen one exactly the same go for less,I'll use pm,and explain I'm not trying to low ball them,explain what I seen other gun go for,and make an offer.The one thing that sort of gets me is one listing a price and OBO,but then when you make an offer,yor told ythey have to have the listed price.In that case,why even list OBO.

Doug H.

6. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

If I don't see the word "firm" listed with the price, I take it as "make me an offer". Can't hurt....

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you can't handle someone making an offer be it a lowball or not, you have no buisness selling anything. The simple phrase "no thank you" covers any unwanted offers.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've made offers on items before and received very curt answers like "the price is what is shown".

And I've had people make offers on my stuff without OBO on my thread. I'll try and be friendly and thank them for their offer but refuse it and give a reason, or give them a counter offer. But it's not a personal attack on you. It's someone trying to get something they can't afford for an amount they can afford.

9. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

The thing that really gets to me when you list something for sale here is when someone gets on your thread and tells you that your item is way over priced or that they can get the same item from their friend Billy Joe Bob for two bucks less then you have your item priced. Why do they feel they have to chime in?

The person who listed the item for sale determined the value of the item, or at least the value they perceive. I see so many for sale threads that become tainted by individuals who are not even in the market for the item being offered posting negative comments.

I suppose mommy never told those people that if you don't have anything nice to say.........................

10. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I'm sure if a guy gets 18,000 views on a listing , it's likely someone has made him an offer.
    If I list something and don't receive an offer in a reasonable amount of time (a week)I either lower the price or let it vanish into obscurity. Some of these guys keep bumping there listing for months! I guess there hoping for PT Barnum's quote to pan out.

11. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

As long as we are on this subject. When I put up a gun or item for sale and you and everyone else know its a killer deal, the guy with the PM that says "I'll take it" moves to the top of the call list verses the PM with all non pertinent questions, like "where do you live". FEDEX ground ships everywhere. If you were close enough to come over and see it, you probably already know me. JW

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

This country was built on negotiation, if you don't ask, you don't receive. No doesn't mean no it means maybe. I've made offers and have them turned down only to have the seller contact me weeks later asking if I still had an interest. The old adage cash talks and BS walks applies daily.

Pricing is regional, what may be considered high by someone in one part of the country may be considered a great deal in another part of the country.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.