1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

T&S bolt-closing shell catcher Beretta 391???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surveyin', Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Hi all! I have a Beretta 391 Urika Parallel Target on the way and I'm looking for a shell catcher for it. The T&S catcher with the integral closing lever seems perfect. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Any reason I should avoid them?

Thanks!

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they work perfect. while you're at it get a briley quick closer button and a larger operating haNDLE. do not get the beretta closer the briley/angleport/devault ones are better. just get the regular t and s and then the aftermarket closer. motordoc

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's a little confusion here. The T&S combination shell catcher/bolt closer doesn't work well enough in my opinion. As Motordoctor suggests get one of the aftermarket bolt closer. The Angleport is the best, but the Briley one is good, too. Aftermarket bolt handle? If you shoot a release trigger it's good. Otherwise, not really necessary.

4. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

My wife has one on her 391 and she loves it . She had a regular T&S to start with . They work fine. Spend the extra money on ammo.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It works just fine. Buy it and enjoy it along with your shooting. If you have extra money then spend it on the frills and they are frills.

Don

6. Dickgshot

I tried one and the regular aftermarket bolt closers work so much better, that
    I think it's worth the money to install one. I do use the regular T&S shell catcher,and if you use one you shouldn't get one of the aftermarket extended
    bolt handles because they don't clear the shell catcher.

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Dickgtax just trim the bottom of the bolt handle to clear the T&S I like the big handle myself. I also have a T&S with a cary closer that works perfect for the least cost. A closer is so much better than the button on your fingers at a long shoot.

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

If anyone can post pictures of any or all of the above mentioned...please do. Where would I purchase the T&S with bolt closer and extended bolt handle. I have used a standard T&S for many years. Works great but moves on the receiver thus maring the receiver finish.

milt

9. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

Here is my TS shellcatcher and Briley bolt release.
    [​IMG]

10. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

Guys that are using the TS catcher...what is your technique for reloading while on the line? Its kinda tricky getting another round chambered while on the line. Also, if you slip pulling the empty hull out and it drops back in the receiver....you almost have to remove the catcher and dump it out. Kinda frustrating when on the line.

11. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

if you use the longer briley bolt handle with the t and s closer you have to grind off the bottom of the handle to get it to clear the catcher. not a big deal but takes a minute to do it. If you do not use a shell catcher there is no problem. If you contact me I can get you ano of the three items listed. briley closer, handle or shell catcher. motordoc

12. Dickgshot

Do not grind off part of the bolt handle to accomodate the T&S Shell catcher. I did that to both a Briley bolt handle and an Angleport bolt handle. After a period of time, both of them snapped off at the relief point. That's why I recommended that you stay with the stock Beretta bolt handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 391 shell catcher

beretta bolt release

briley beretta bolt release

briley bolt release

shell catchers for beretta urika 391
shellcatcher
t and s bolt closers berretta 391
t&s shell catcher for a beretta 391