1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

T. Jordan wall chart. I'm a believer.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Jun 9, 2013.

1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

T. Jordan wall chart. I

So I bought a used 8 ft. chart off this site. Put it up and been using it every other night as instructed. Broke a 97 today at practice and noticed a marked improvement in my swing. A much smoother approach and improved follow through. I have been struggling with the recent switch over to a new mid rib gun. This chart has been more helpful than anything else in the process. If your thinking about one, don't hesitate. Well worth it.. IMHO.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I agree. But you have to have the discipline to actually use it on a regular basis.

Since I started using it "religiously," I have shot a couple of 100's in practice, and have won a few assorted events.

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

How can a piece of plastic fabric hanging on your wall make you learn to shoot better?

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Practice is cheap, can be done in your skivvies, and no recoil.

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Two dogs.

Good Question.

The chart use each day really works on your hand-eye co-ordination with the gun.

The 50 to 100 moves a day of the gun going right to where you are looking puts a mental visual image of that gun move to the target in your brain. That image and smooth move is there the next time you shoot on real trap field after enough chart work.

A bunch of small orange dots will work great too but the wall chart being a digital picture of a real trap field makes your work outs far more interesting.

Try dry firing at a few real targets the next time you shoot some practice, it is a drill every shooter should do. Most shooters jerk the gun on every shot but never realize that. Recoil creates that problem, lots of fry firing gets rid of it. I try to dry fire at the two targets my lead off guy calls for in every round.

My info is free by e-mail if you want to read the method. I just got done doing a couple charts. I did about 75 moves on those charts, at least 5 were poor moves and would have been lost targets on a real trap field.

Terry.

6. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

I never had a chart but from what I understood it is a great tool to keep up your form between two live practices

Remember,considering the effective time of 0,3- 0,4 sec./shot(between the mouth call and the fire) and adding up those times you will notice that the active shooting time is 2-3 min/ practice.
    Beside that, 200 repetitions are not enough to master the game!

What I suggest to Terry is to fabricate charts with different backgrounds to be more realistic with diverse shooting ranges.

7. SuperXThree

SuperXThree Member

He is shipping me the 53 in. version tomorrow so hopefully it will help for the state shoot next month. Kind of curious to see if it really helps any.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I can tell you from experience that what you do on that chart hanging on the wall.....directly translates to what you do on the firing line. Believe me, it works. Stay with it.

Terry Jordan wall chart owner since 2006.

Good luck.

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Targetchip, poor form to come on someone else's thread and question a product while showing the website to yours. You have done this before and been told about it.

What I suggest to you is purchase a chart from Terry, follow his instructions and try it for 30 days. You will be amazed at how effective it is. Then you could start your own thread about pro's & con's of his wall chart system. Harv Shell

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I have been trying to convert from using a Release for over 10 years in Trap, to using a "Pull" trigger in Sporting Clays.

I decided since I was still flinching with the pull trigger I would try the Wall Chart with the pull trigger and "Dry Fire" at it.

Good God, it took a few afternoons, but I have almost got it down to no flinches with the pull trigger. Shooting Sporting Clays is now a lot of fun for me using my wife's skeet gun instead of a 32" double release trap gun.

Terry, in my experience the chart has helped me a lot in the other venues of clays shooting. Doubles in skeet is much better, and Sporting is much smoother now. I am not shooting competition trap any more, and having more time to shoot skeet and sporting, the Terry Jordan Wall Chart has certainly helped me get back into the "Swing" of thngs with a "Pull" trigger..

Thanks Terry !!!

Dave in SC

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I don't have or use one of Terry's charts but I know they work very well!! Considering the guns weight, if one practices the mount, move and shoot procedure properly and diligently, he'll be in better shooting shape also!! 300 targets per day times a 10 pound gun equals what in total weight lifted? It adds up faster the older you are too!! That's just one of the benefits!!

Hap

12. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I'm a believer too!

I said the same thing Two Dogs (Mr. Crown Royal)said above.

Terry's chart gave me control and confidence. "How can a piece of plastic fabric hanging on your wall make you learn to shoot better?"

All I know is that it will just like Terry Jordan told me it would. I was a non-believer but using the chart proved to me that I was wrong.

It helped me get the AA-27-AA certificate & pin last year after 25 years of shooting registered trap. I have no doubts now that I could not have done it without using the Wall Chart.

Kenny Ray Estes
    Pittsgrove, NJ

13. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking that you will get better hand-eye coordination using this wall chart...And I'm guessing with all the repetition, up and down with the gun, and moving to the target will give you muscle memory...

If that's what it does, this could be a great product..

14. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Two Dogs,

Yes indeed this is just what the Chart will do for you !!!

I am thinking IF you will share a little "Crown" with Terry after a shoot, he just may share some information about how the chart might help you.

By the way, I have had the pleasure of shooting with this Kenny Ray fellow, and I can testify by seeing his "Before and After" chart use, and how much smoother he became. Congratulations to Kenny Ray on his accomplishment !!

Dave in SC

15. JES

JES Member

I have one and it is a great tool for smooth moves to the target and muscle memory. When used a couple of weeks before a big shoot my scores have improved got a few trophies also. Thanks Terry
    Jan Slough

16. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

My purchased a wall chart for Christmas for me a year and a half ago and I saw an immediate improvement in my score after practicing with it during the winter.

It's like any other tool, you have to use it on a regular basis for it to work.

I would heartily recommend it.

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

This thread pushed me over the edge and ordered a chart from Terry this week. I need something because I just can't get to the trap range as much as I would like.

18. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

How would you order one of these??

Robert

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Search tags for this page

terry jordan wall chart