1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. wall chart in combo with laser sight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike G, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

Has anyone used the Terry Jordan wall chart in combination with a laser boresight? Just curious if this was feasible and what kind of results you have had.

2. biff

biff Active Member

Might cause bead checking. I'd ask Terry. Biff

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The bore site that activates when the firing pin snaps it could be useful to see where you are on target, but this system is expensive. For a laser that's on all the time, I'd worry about becoming conditions to looking for the laser dot.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I have had several charts users say they use them but I don't know what results they are getting. Like Biff says I would worry about them aiming and bead checking too much.

I had a very happy guy just tell me he hit his first 49, he never hit much more than a 20 or 21 before. After 3 days of chart use he smoothed out some jerky moves he had while dry firing. He told me he did 50 moves on the chart before going to his club Saturday and hit a 49 real hard.

The chart works so well the way it is if you use it regularly I hate to recommend changing anything.

Terry.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you want a system that works, buy, a drifire computer system. They work great. But you pay for it.

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I know hundreds of 27 yarders that use my Wall Chart, I don't know of one that uses the drifire computer.

Terry.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

t jordan: I have both your Wall Chart and the drifire system and I have been on the 27 for 25+ years. So, now you know someone on the 27 that has used both systems. Yours is good. So, is drifire, just a hell-of-a-lot more costly.

8. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

The problem with a laser on Terry's chart is that the lock time of the shot in real life is not instantaneous like the laser. Therefore the impact as indicated by the laser at the time you pull the trigger will be different from where the shot would be in “real life”.

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Now see there, Phil has a great point. Glad to see that someone like him still looks in on this site and provided great information. Thanks Phil.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.