1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???? Synthetic Forend for Citori XT Trap?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I know this may seem like a strange question, but does anyone make a synthetic replacement forend for a Browning Citori XT Trap? I'm wanting to reduce the up-front weight and thought that a lighter forend would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

Easystreet

2. B-23-C

B-23-C Member

You might try a sporting clays style forearm. They usually have less wood than the trap style.

3. Easystreet

Good idea about the sporting style forend, but the forend on my 525 Sporting Clays gun won't go on the XT gun because the forend opening is just slightly too narrow to fit over the XT barrels. However, this might be because the 525 stock was painted and the thickness of the paint just might be enough to make the forend not fit. I wonder if an unpainted 525 forend would go on an XT?

Thanks.

Easystreet

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

Wny not just try adding a little weight to the buttstock? The change in balance should make the barrels feel a bit lighter.

5. Easystreet

Bridger,

That's a good idea, but I've already tried that. In order to get the balance where I like it, I have to add TOO MUCH weight to the buttstock. At least in MY mind it's too much.

The strange thing is that a few years ago, I shot this gun really well just like it is (with weight in the stock) and didn't think it was too heavy. Now, after not shooting it for awhile, it seems a lot heavier. Do you suppose the gun gained weight while sitting in my safe? Surely it couldn't be that I need to pump a little iron could it? LOL

Easystreet

6. Easystreet

Bridger,

Well, as it turns out, I finally got it to balance well by adding a little more weight to the buttstock as you suggested. I already had 10 ounces in the buttstock and didn't think it balanced well. So then, I added 3 more ounces and shifted the weight more toward the very rear of the stock bolt hole and that did the trick.

Now my gun weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces with 13 ounces in the buttstock (mostly toward the rear) and it balances very well, IMO. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would still be interested in knowing if a sporter forend would fit on the XT barrels. Mine won't, but maybe someone else's will.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt forend