1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX1 Heads up....

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by chuckles, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Super X Model 1 collectors and shooters, a Super Pigeon up for sale/auction on Gunbroker.com Item number 134655724, includes factory letter, 2 extra barrels.

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134655724

Regards

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Looks short to me.

3. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Be interesting to see what it finally goes for....upward of $5k, I'm betting.

I got so discouraged trying to find one for a price I was willing to pay, I decided to create one and have, to date, well exceeded ANY price of a factory SP LOL....of course, I have a superior grade of engraving and stock and this project has only taken 2 1/2 years and counting ;-)

By the by, The Gunworks-Rustburg,Virginia is Ken Hurst old outfit...that is, he owned it and did production engraving work for Win to include the pigeon and super pigeon SX-1s.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Very short. That pad and length certainly not original.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I had one just like it with a factory letter and an extra stock and barrel matched togather. Baron23's gun is so much nicer it isn't even funny. Jeff

6. Baron23

0   0   0

Not trying to hijack the thread...well, not too much....but Ernest Marlette has finally finished the metal prep and blued it. Ernest really never curses to my knowledge....but he told me that if I didn't like this bluing job I could "kiss his a$$" LOL He thinks it came out superb.

Hopefully he will do misc gunsmithing and assembly over the next week or so then ship back to me.

I have already decided to put the factory stock back on it and send the custom stock to Doug Mann to fix the finish...long story but the oil finish needs to be stripped and redone.

Hope to live long enough to get this gun finished.

By the by, I agree with claybrdr...the SP up for sales most certainly has a non-factory butt pad (but they are easy to get...and hard as a rock to boot) and it does look like the stock was shortened. Nice looking wood though.

7. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

0   0   0

Do you really think that's the original wood. I don't. Looks pretty plain to me.

8. Baron23

0   0   0

Ok...on second viewing, the wood is just ok. But there was a lot of pretty plain jane wood put on SX-1s.

Yeah...I think its original wood, just cut down.

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The stock was obviously cut. The pad is maybe 1.5 inches..or more. The forearm almost has the wood quality of a field X-1. For that kind of money, I would expect much better wood.....

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ther extra barrel on my set had the engraving and teh factory letter noted that. The barrels have a small amount of scroll right after the chamber. Jeff

11. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

3,333 is the bid and still not met the reserve WOWEEEEEE !!!!!

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The last one I know of was in better condition and sold for 5500.00.

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

I thought they quit making them in 1981. So they made this in 1988 with left over parts? My 1975 has way better wood. Wayne

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

None of these guns had wood that was to die for. These guns were only 1250.00 new when they were sold. Jeff

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

$3800? P T was right.

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If he is basing his reserve on the other asinine guy on Gunbroker he will never sell it. what does that guy want? 25,000 or some such craziness. They are nice guns but fired have little collector value. I can have one built for that kind of money and it would be nicer. Jeff

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

No, But all these guns were put together with parts and left overs. I suspect they just grabbed the closest barrels on the shelves. Jeff

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The only thing this gun offers is the receiver, everything else is ordinary and not too good of shape, I wouldn't give more than $2000 for it...

It could be cleaned up with new wood and barrel and sell for $5000....???

Definately not a collector gun...

regards...Chuck

19. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

No way Chuck. At least not in my opinion. We all know what Bob asked for some of his but we do not know what they sold for. The one I am aware of had plenty of time on Gunbroker and was a factory two barrel set, two stock set and had a letter from Bruno Pardee just as this one does stating those facts as well as the factory order sheet, invoice, and the boxes they shipped in. The gun had nice wood and went for 5500.00 NIb. Who knows? It's a few years later? I would have my own built for that kind of scratch. Jeff

20. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

All he really got was a receiver, if he knows how to do it he can now turn it into a really nice Super Pigeon for another $1400.00 give or take...then he will have about $5600 or so into the gun and IMO that is what a really top notch collector grade SXM1 SP is worth...my 2c worth anyway....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.