1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1 Wire Shell Catcher

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dcmulcahy, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Could someone please tell me (and provide contact info) who does the best job of installing a wire shell catcher on a Winchester SX-1?

Thanks! Dan

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Wright's has a shell catcher for the SX1 that just slips on. I have one and it works great. They are $20.00 plus shipping.

Here is their phone number and website address: 618 357-8933 www.wrightsgunsmiths.com

Jim

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Dan: As Jim states Wrights sell the clip on shell catcher. They work well, but you may need to grind some material off the bolt to make it function correctly. Also, Stu Wright will not install the wire shell catcher. He believes the drilling weakens the barrel extension. He said he has seen structural failure in this area and feels it came from the drilling for the wire catcher. Ed

4. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Still looking............ Dan

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Dan, I have had Phil Crenweldge of trhe P&P Gunsmithing team do them for me. I don't know if he is the best but it's a great job for a fair price. As far as Stue's assertion that it weakens the barrel extension I just do not buy it. Phil's Phone number escapes me at the moment. I have been lucky enought to never have to ship stuff to him. Dan, E-mail me would you> Sx1jeff@yahoo.com I have something I would like to run by you. In the mean time I will try and find Phils Information for you. Jeff

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Dan here is Phil's phone number.210-313-5988

7. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Thanks for the info guys, I will call him monday.

Jeff, E-mail sent. Dan

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The wire catcher is the only way to go for the SX-1s but while you're having one made, have several spares made at the same time cuz they are very easy to lose if you're taking them in and out for doubles. On the ground, they disappear....Bob Dodd

9. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

I think I will have them make about 4 extras. I don't shoot doubles with these guns but hey, ya never know. Thanks, Dan

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Good plan, Dan, whether you're often taking them out or re-installing, they do have a tendency to migrate to the ground, usually in a pile of pine needles or hiding in some gravel.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to install a wire shell catcher on a sx 1

how to make piano wire shell catcher for sx1

trapshooting wire shell catcher