Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SX-1 Wire Shell Catcher

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BDodd 
#1 ·
Could someone please tell me (and provide contact info) who does the best job of installing a wire shell catcher on a Winchester SX-1?

Thanks! Dan

#3 ·
Dan: As Jim states Wrights sell the clip on shell catcher. They work well, but you may need to grind some material off the bolt to make it function correctly. Also, Stu Wright will not install the wire shell catcher. He believes the drilling weakens the barrel extension. He said he has seen structural failure in this area and feels it came from the drilling for the wire catcher. Ed

#5 ·
Dan, I have had Phil Crenweldge of trhe P&P Gunsmithing team do them for me. I don't know if he is the best but it's a great job for a fair price. As far as Stue's assertion that it weakens the barrel extension I just do not buy it. Phil's Phone number escapes me at the moment. I have been lucky enought to never have to ship stuff to him. Dan, E-mail me would you> Sx1jeff@yahoo.com I have something I would like to run by you. In the mean time I will try and find Phils Information for you. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.