Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SX-1 shell catcher

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rebelpenn 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Morton Automated Shell Catching device for a Winchester SX-1? (http://tommortonandcompany.com/maforwisx1.html)

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has used this gizmo. In particular,

1. Does it affect the weight or swing of the gun?

2. What effect does it have on recoil?

3. Am I correct that the gizmo will require that you manually re-open the bolt every time you shoot?

4. If you have to manually reopen the bolt, won't the spent shell fly out when you open the gun? (I guess if you're very careful, you could avoid this problem, but I would rather focus on shooting very carefully than on opening the gun very carefully.)

A regular shell catcher is no good for me because I'm left handed - if I use one I wind up with a green bar (the shell) in front of my eye right after I shoot. Disconcerting, to say the least.

Ted K.

See less See more
#3 ·
SS-

The gizmo looks pretty good to me too. The annoying thing is that I'm pretty sure I saw a few for sale on a table at a shoot within the last two weeks, and I couldn't figure out what they were. And there was no one at the table to tell me.

I look forward to learning whatever you find out.

Thanks.

Ted K.

#5 ·
I have had one in my SX2 for over a year and it works perfectly. Tom's website describes everything you need to know. When you load only one shell, it stays in the gun after firing. Simply opening the bolt ejects the empty. Great for Trap shooting! There is no effect on swing, balance or recoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.