1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1 questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dan S., May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

I see many people on here that speak respectfully of the SX-1. I have an opportunity to buy one at around $300. What do I look for as far as any possible problem areas other than excess wear and tear? Dan

2. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

for 300.00 dollars you just buy it. Unless it was used to dig coal it is worth 300.00 bucks. the main thing you want to do after you buy thegun is replace the return spring and the bolt buffer. Many of theguns have never had it done and you will have no way of telling if it has been done or not. The buffer may look 100% fine and then crumble into pieces after the first time you shoot it. The design was faulty on them and Wrights has a new material for their buffer that lasts forever.I just bought some and they were 25 dollars each and they included a new O-ring for the gas system. I bought springs as well and they are a magnum version that really absorb the shock. Really, At 300.00 dollars you don't have much to look at as any down sides are over come by the price. The barrels that are held on with a screw at the front are dot as desirable as the barrels that are welded in place from the factory. They made two triggers and the later model is more desirable. If your gun has a smooth . black trigger it is the newer and better style. If it is made of steel and has grooves on it then it is the earlier model that is less desirable. That said, I know guys who prefer the early model. just buy thegun or tell me where it is and I wuill buy it. Good luck with your new sx-1. After you buy it and get the parts e-mail me and I will walk you through the replacement of the parts. Jeff sx1jeff@yahoo.com

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Jeff I sent you a e-mail,Ken U.

5. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Thanks Jeff. I don't know much about these but I know your rep with them so I'll take your word on the price. It seemed fair to me but it has been on his wall for quite a while with a layer of dust on it. I appreciate your help. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.