1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1 Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by A201, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A201

A201 TS Member

Just noticed that the bolt does not close fully unless aided very slightly. The main body (rear part) lacks about 1/4 in. of travel, the action spring seems OK but is probably too soft. I discovered this when cleaning the other day. Also, I have forgotten how to remove the bolt. Help if you can please. Roger

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Take the trigger out. At the back of the reciever where the (I call it the fork) goes into the stock. You have to push the botton in while pulling up on the fork. The slide the bolt back to the removal slots and lift out.

3. A201

A201 TS Member

I got the bolt out and the buffer at the rear is chewed up so I'll need to put in a new one. I had installed the gas piston spring and shaft backwards that's why the bolt would not return to battery. Now I can't seem to install the two gas rings and "O" ring properly. The largest ring goes on first with the cup twards muzzle I think, but the thinner ring I've tried both ways with the "O" ring on top of that and the gas piston sleeve assembly will not go into the Bbl to full depth. Any guidiance as to the rings? Roger.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

There are only two parts after the piston is installed. The steel ring and the rubber o-ring. If you have more parts then this you have too many parts. Piston sleeve, steel ring, and then the rubber o-ring. Make sure the spring at the bottom of teh sleeve is aligned with the hole in the action and slightly depressed and she should slide right togather! Jeff

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are not to mechanicaly inclined. Take it to a gunsmith before you damage it more or hurt yourself or someone else.

Tom Strunk

6. A201

A201 TS Member

Thanks Jeff, the gun had been out of my hands for quite some time. Don't know where the extra ring came from. Just let the old 1100 mentality kick in. I only had one gun apart at that time and there were two metal rings on the mag tube not one as you describe so I tried to reinstall two, thought I was somehow orienting them wrongly and the guiding picture on my tube is not sharp at all after at least 25 years. Tried it last night.works fine, THANKS, ROGER. P.S. Tom if you can't help or won't, keep your comments to your self

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Your more then welcome! I took apart my friends Browning A-5 the other day and the rings were on the magazine tube first with the giant spring on top of them. If that wasn't bad enough the darn gun was still working! I tried to help a guy fix an 1100 that wasn't cycling and when I went to unscrew thwe magazine tube he panicked and said" Don't unscrew that!" "You will let all the gas out!" She was a gas operated automatic don't you know! Anyway... Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.