1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1 Finish ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BDodd, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

In the '70s, I had a number of friends with the new SX-1 guns. One fellow had a nasty mark on his new stock and I offered to strip it of any finish, recondition it, and give him an oil finish. This looked so good I had a part time job for a while of stripping SX-1 wood and giving them an oil finish but, gladly, the idea pretty much died within the club I frequented at the time. It was a laborious chore to strip the wood in the first place. Point? You might consider stripping the finish and see if you like that look before trying to match the "super shine" Winchester finish.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I've seen and own SX-1 stocks with two finishes...both factory. One, on a very figured skeet set, is a matt poly. All the rest (four other sets) are your basic high gloss poly finish.

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Here is one that I did with car clear a couple of years ago ( my first one ever ) . just a safe queen. what a deep shine though. Jeff Prigge

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

and of the stock

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.