1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX 1 Experts - I need help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPM, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Member

I shot my SX 1 yesterday and it worked fine all day. I picked it up to clean it this morning and closed the bolt and now I can't get the bolt back open. Nor can I get the barrel off. I'm fairly new to the world of SX 1's and this may be a simple situation with a simple resolution, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong. I can't even get the bolt handle out of the bolt, which makes me afraid that something is broken in the bolt itself. But... If any of you SX 1 experts knows what is wrong I'd be grateful for some guidance. Otherwise it's off to the the gunsmith.
    John Matthews

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I don't have a clue John, but it's simple enough to pull the trigger group out and you should be able to see what's wrong from there.

3. JPM

JPM Member

I've done that and am unable to figure out why the bolt and barrel won't come apart. I've been told that if the bolt breaks there is no repair - apparently it is not cost effective for anyone to re-manufacture that part. But I'm flummoxed.
    John Matthews

4. Bob Hawkes

OK John, If you've got the trigger out then you should be able to see if the rod is properly engaged with the plastic follower going into the stock. I think you need to get the bolt open to make it easier to remove the barrel. Hopefully you can see something causing the bolt to be "locked".

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

what position is the carrier in??. That will tell you if the bolt or link is damaged

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Probably the bolt's link is out of the follower. Should be easy to see with the trigger removed. Are you mechanically inclined ?? If not take it to a gunsmith. Very simple gun to work on and repair.

Bob Hawkes -- Hope you received the Super-X receiver and stock I sent you, never heard anything, hope it didn't get lost-----

Tom Strunk

7. JPM

JPM Member

Problem solved. The breech bolt beard retaining pin had moved slightly to the side and was preventing the bolt from moving rearward. A good gunsmith is a wonderful resource. He replaced the pin and said that he wasn't going to charge me anything. He's a friend but I insisted on paying. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I continue to learn about these guns and am grateful for all of the insight.
    John Matthews

8. Bob Hawkes

Check your PM Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.