1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sx-1 bolt buffer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoot619, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Grandson's sx-1 bolt buffer . I replaced it when I got the gun' how long should

they be good for. I know it was the newer style that I used. Probably hasn't had

over 1700 to 2000 shells fired thru it. Has anybody bought a good supply of them

and has 1 or 2 they would sell? Jon should be up hopefully by 2d week of June

can't wait til I get him shooting again. He had a heck of a improvement last time

he shot. 13 -14 average to a 23 . Gramps is going to have to buckle down to keep

from being beat. It would be a joy to watch him kicking my butt. Ken U

2. johnboy

johnboy Member

Wright's, Inc. 4591Shotgun Alley, Pinckney, IL. 618-357-8933. Email wrightsgunssmiths.com Wright's is well know for M12 and SX1 work.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

When was "I got the gun"?

1700-2000 over 30 years it will crumble. If a couple of years, it's fine.
    [​IMG]

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Big M It was changed about 5 years ago. I take it that the good ones should

last quite a while. Once a week shooting 75-100 rounds

They will be up this weekend so will

be able to shoot Monday with son Kenny and grandson Jon. Ken U

5. BigM-Perazzi

Generally the new ones should. Rumor has it Nuline had a bad batch they were selling.

If you disassemble the receiver take a look inside. If it looks like the one on the left change it.

6. BigM-Perazzi

Generally the new ones should. Rumor has it Nuline had a bad batch they were selling.

If you disassemble the receiver take a look inside. If it looks like the one on the left change it.

7. BigM-Perazzi

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pull your trigger group and take a look, maybe a light shining on it will help.

9. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Thanks all, I remember one going to pieces om my first sx-1 right after I

started using it. Glad I saw the pieces when it happeded. That is the main thing

to check out on a Sx-1 if you get one. I didn't know when I first got mine.

Bob B. was the one who drilled my barrel

for wire catcher. To bad he passed so early in life. Ken U

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I bought a sx-1 that had been hammered so hard the back of the bolt was starting to take on the shape of the bolt buffer hole. The darn gun was cycling with it missing. Some guns will cycle with the bolt buffer missing. I have never replaced a buffer I got from Bob baumgart and I suspect that Wrights are just as good. It may be that you never have to replace the newer style.

I have one gun that has 60,000 rounds on a new buffer and the buffer is as good as the day it was installed. I don't know that replacing them every so often is needed with the newer style buffers.

Jeff

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It's well worth gazing at the buffer every once in a while, at least annually until you get an idea how it's doing with your use and storage. I know Jeff wants to give great advice but I'd not rely on his point without checking occasionally. Not picking onya Jeff........breakemall

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Sorry guys... I checked on my sx-1 that has all the rounds through it with the newer style buffer. Every time I clean it! It looks darn near the same as he day it was installed.Jeff

13. BigM-Perazzi

I suspect the newer materials that Wrights and RB used will last a loong time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sx1 bolt buffer