1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1 and Skeet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Yeah I know its a skeet question.

Have any of you used a Super X-1 for skeet? When I bought mine it came with two barrels, a 30" trap, and a 26" skeet. I have not had time to pattern the skeet barrel, its choke is .725". Just wondering how you liked it for skeet. Thanks, Wayne

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Very soft shooting and deadly.. Just the gun needs to fit you.. The trap stock and skeet stock are vastly different..

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you Wayne? They're a great gun for any sport. Enjoy, Bob

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

For some time, I had 3 barrels for the Trap SX-1 and shot a great deal of skeet with a "skeet" marked barrel. I shot it well at skeet and got a lot of compliments on the gun and how it handled. The gun is quite popular with the sporting crowd also. Kinda wish I had all of it back.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I believe I have a straight trap stock on mine. It shoots a little to flat at trap for me. So I'm going to switch barrels and try some skeet. Wayne

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

here is my SX 1 Skeet , it was a mess when I got it and I went totaly through it and blued it and refinished the wood .I maybe shoot skeet once or twice a year , otherwise it's a safe queen .

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

and another

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Wayne, That regular stock will shoot fine at skeet. The length may be the only drawback if it's long for you. You can always pick up a thinner pad as the original Winchester pads became too slippery anyway. Enjoy it, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.